Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 11. Oct 2015, 07:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Thanks for all the support
I'm back from the hospital.
Basically the results were......another cortisone injection
Told to rest for 48 hours......its local and he wants it to stay local not go all around my body :lol:
He says he is happy to give an injection every 4 to 6 months. Depending on how long the pain relief lasts

I did ask him about creams or gels not expecting him to know much....more a GP's area.
He said voltarol.....I mentioned being on anti inflammatory meds and he said as long as I wasn't using it half a dozen times a day ...possibly once or twice it would be OK
I've had that before {pre anti-inflammatory} and it was good
He also mentioned Deep Heat.....has aspirin in it.
His idea is that if the voltarol works I may be able to cut down on the anti inflammatory meds
I like that :lol:

I rang the GP last week about a referral to the pain clinic. He said certainly, but he was "scratching his head" as to what they could do. If the consultant thought it a good idea he would write it.
I told him about this.....to which he said "I don't know why he's scratching his head......let the pain clinic scratch theirs :lol:
So in the letter to him he has said he wants me referred to the Pain Clinic.

No pain at all now but there is always a bit of anaesthetic in the cortisone.
Tomorrow morning will be the telling point. Then I'll know whether it has worked or not. That's when I've been in agony for the past month.....hardly been able to get out of bed
So I think a pretty positive appointment

Love
Hileena

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It does sound a positive app and you sound lighthearted if that's the right way of describing it,now do as you're told rest up let the magic do its work. Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Good news, Hileena. At least something positive has come out of the appointment. I hope you get your pain clinic referral soon and that the injection you had today works well for you. Take care and rest.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Fingers crossed that the relief last for you Hileena..so glad the appointment went well...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm glad you were happy with the appointment, Hileena, and I do hope the injection works its magic for you.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Pleased to hear it went well, hope the injection works for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks
    I was more concerned about this appointment because I had visions of either having to have another op. Didn't fancy that after the 2nd THR or that I was stuck with this pain
    The first one he gave me worked for 5 months, second one was useless but that's because he put it in a different place
    Hopefully this one {in the same place as the first} will work as well as it did.
    I don't mind pain.....I can cope with most of it but this one where I couldn't get out of bed was completely different.
    Hopefully I'll be back to just the normal pain :roll:
    Its a bit sore now (6pm} but tomorrow will be the telling point.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased that you have had another injection, no do as the man said and REST (yes, I know it's a filthy word) for the minimum of 48 hours top give it the best chance to work. I know what I call rest and what you call rest - just for once force yourself to do it the DD way. :wink:

I really hope it helps - I am out and about tomorrow but will look in again on Sunday for an update. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Good to hear it was a positive appointment, and fingers crossed that tomorrow is equally positive.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    DD what a cheek saying rest {filthy word :lol: like you say} and ten telling me you are going to be out tomorrow !!!!

I will be good. I'm driving to the Metro Centre in the morning, meting Sarah for coffee, that will take 2 to 3 hours and then drive home.
    She has just come back from Malta so want to hear all the news

Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad the appointment has given you some cheer :) . I hope that a good 48 hours of rest helps, tedious I know but well worth it if it means that you get some respite from the grinding pain. Also hope that you get some help from the pain clinic asap.

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Deb
    Thanks
    I will be good. :roll:
    Like I say...not much on tomorrow except meeting daughter for coffee and that will take hours :lol:
    I'll rest for the remainder of the day.
    No doubt about it it has cheered me up
    I've been a right misery recently

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Having spent the last two weeks or so mostly confined to barracks thanks to my petulant and squabbling gorillas I am fully prepared to rest for most of tomorrow to prepare me for the rigours of dinner at friends, especially as I have my 'flu jab first thing - I've not had any trouble with that at all for the past decade but I bet tomorrow is the day it all goes mammaries upwards and I won't make the dinner! Luckily they have arranged the meal around the rugby . . . . :wink:

I hope you are taking things as easy as possible and that things are not fizzing too much. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Now that's what I call good friends DD. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

g070.gif

I have posted on your other thread Hileena so please ignore it!!!

:oops:

I very much hope that today brings some relief and you get the 5 months (at least!) that you had the first time.

Well done for getting referral to pain clinic too.

Hope you will be using the paddymobile at the metro and have a lovely cuppa and catch up with your daughter

Love and ((()))

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That does sound good and I hope the Pain Clinic helps. (Have you been before or am I 'misremembering things?)

I admit, like DD, I'm not very impressed with your version of 'rest' but I hope it works anyway. Fingers crossed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni and Sticky
    No Toni didn't use the paddymobile :oops: but I only had a short distance to walk {3 mins ?} from car to Starbucks and then that was it. What did get exercised was our tongues for about 2 hours. :lol:
    Yes Sticky I've been to the pain clinic before .......must be over 2 years...before this fracture happened.
    As for meds it wasn't much help because things they mentioned clashed with my epilepsy meds and tramadol!!!!!! well that send me loopier than normal :lol: They were a help in other things so they may have some suggestions about this latest thing.
    Oh yes....got home at 1pm and have hardly moved since. That is rest surely :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    That's ok then :) I hope you had a great natter and your tongue has recvered for you today....and the jab is working too ;)

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

Hileena xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, we're a couple of days on since it was done, is there any change for the better? I hope so. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    No magic things happening :lol: but when I waken up the pain isn't nearly as bad. I think I described it as agony before....not now.
    Any pain during the day I can self manage or try to but when you waken up with it not much you can do. So there is a lot of improvement in the mornings.
    I'm happy with the results up to now and hoping for a bit more improvement.....its less than 3 days since I had it :D
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I guess, even if that's all you get, it'll have been worth it, won't it? However, you might still get more so let's hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad to hear there has been at least some moderate improvement. I've usually found it takes a t least a week to feel the full benefit of any manner of steroid injection, so hopefully there's more to come!!

Deb x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Fingers and toes crossed that the improvement continues, Hileena.

Meg
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sorry this is late, just come back from my Arthritis Care meeting.
    Thanks for your support.....it does seem to be getting easier so heres hoping that gradually it will ease more. But if this is all I get well its certainly better than it was.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am pleased to read that things are improving - it is a waiting game and a hard one to play so well done, Hileena, I reckon you're doing OK with this one!

Any relief is to be appreciated, however minimal it may be; I hope this both lasts and improves for you, it's about time for things to go a little better, yes? DD