Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Made my day

SloshSlosh Posts: 3,194
edited 17. Oct 2015, 12:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
A friend at work complimented me on loosing weight. I laughed and said she was wrong but she insisted. Weighed myself when I got home and she was right, I've lost half a stone!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done Slosh! If only I could lose weight without thinking about it. Let's hope you feel better for the loss.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 3,194
    Thank you. Just need to continue doing whatever it is that I'm doing right. Think it just comes down to eating a bit less,especially on work days when I'm usually too tired to cook or get anything out of the freezer so just have a sandwich.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,661
    well done slosh ..its not easy but you are obviously doing something right.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,132 ✭✭
    Well done you!!

I hope you have enough weight to loose?

Love

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    Well done slosh but just make sure you are getting all the nutrients that you need xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
    I definitely have the weight to lose and I'm taking a daily multi vitamin just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything, plus I eat sensibly on non work days.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,132 ✭✭
    All good then Slosh :D

Love

Toni xxx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadogbubbadog Posts: 5,852
    Well done Slosh! I bet that made you feel good. :D
    It did. Going to celebrate at half-term with afternoon tea!
    Julian of Norwich