Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hileena and DD

I do not profess to be a techie myself, but attach a message to Barbara12 on the same subject, from the forum update thread on the technical support and update forum:

Thanks Barbara

We too have noticed the lack of PM information in the top menu. An email is on its way to Basestation :)

For the time being, you can check on any new PMs you may have & send replies via the User Control Panel.

PMs can also be sent by clicking the link at the bottom of every post: this automatically fills out the PM for you using the post as a quotation & thread title for the PM's subject.

You can also send PMs via a person's profile.

Hopefully, the PM link at the top will reappear soon.

Best wishes
    Mod B

I hope it helps you until Base-station get back to mod B

Moderator AC
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Mod
    Yes I discovered the way of sending them via user control and finding an old pm and attaching it to that but if it is someone who has never pm'd you or you have never pm'd them before Cant figure that out

Hileena
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Mod
    Yes I discovered the way of sending them via user control and finding an old pm and attaching it to that but if it is someone who has never pm'd you or you have never pm'd them before Cant figure that out

Hileena

I would think in the case of a new PM Hileena you can click on the member's name and go to their profile where you can send a PM from or search for them in the User Panel Members List and do it from there. There is also the button at the bottom of the members post.

Hope this helps.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I was wondering how you know you have received a pm. There used to be a notification at the top of the page.
    Christine
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Oh and just to say, I can now click on the link in the emails and it takes me to the next post after my last one. Thank you.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    I get a notification in my emails.

Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm late. I apologise. A holiday intervened :D

I think the overall appearance is much better and clearer. Thank you for the forum links to other relevant pages and the very much improved, clearer sections on 'What is Arthritis?' and 'Managing Arthritis'. So much easier to refer people to.

I have two quibbles. May we have back the numbered pages on each topic header? It's annoying to have to click on to a long topic then click again for the latest page where previously we could just click on the page number to start off with. I, too, am struggling with the pale font though I notice not every message is pale. When I've got over my jet lag I'll try to work out where the difference lies. Meanwhile I'm peering at what I'm typing and trying to see if it's what I meant to type :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Stickywicket

A request has gone in some time back about the colour contrast on the text editor: marine blue on light grey doesn't make for easy reading.

Topic pages: these are present! A problem some of us found was that our computers weren't picking up al the changed features. Refreshing the page (press F5 on a PC) sometimes cleared it, otherwise emptying the browser cache is the solution.

Good to see you back on the forums.
    Best wishes
    Mod B
  • Jen
    Jen Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I find the existing colour easy on the eye, its quite restful.

Thank you :D
    flower2520paars.gif~c200
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    moderator wrote:
    Topic pages: these are present! A problem some of us found was that our computers weren't picking up al the changed features. Refreshing the page (press F5 on a PC) sometimes cleared it, otherwise emptying the browser cache is the solution.

Thanks for that quick reply, Mod B, and for the welcome back.

Alas :roll: it's still not working for me despite my emptying the cache. I do have the page numbers up at the right of the screen once I've clicked on a topic but not underneath the topic header as they used to be so that I could go direct to the latest page instead of starting every time at page 1.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Thank you Mods my screen font is much clearer now. :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'