Another visit to vampires done!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 14. Apr 2016, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
This morning I went to visit the vampire for more blood to be taken, she noticed on my notes that my blood sugar was a little erratic when I had the accident so thought it would be wise while I was there to test me for Diabetes as it had been a while since they had done it and with Diabetes in my family, so she has done that as well as test for other things due to my severe fatigue. So a lot of vials filled this time!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,224
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done on surviving multiple vials :wink: We'd all rather not need the regular bloods. In fact my poor phlebotomists would rather I didn't need them too as I don't part with it easily :roll: However, they are so vital and useful and, really, without them, we'd all be in trouble.

Vampires? Never. For my money they are kind, caring members of my health support team.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I understand how unsettling the multiple vial thing can be but it shows they are checking everything, yes? In my experience many phlebos have the vampire-themed stretchy-tightening band but trite is not the word. I hope your results are good and thank you for reminding me that I need to do some bloods within the next week. Thanks to you it's on my calendar! DD