I am cool

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,224
edited 15. Apr 2016, 11:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
We've just had the family staying for a few days and, according to my 9 yr old grandson, my pick-up stick is cool, my key-turner is cool and my wheelchair is always so cool I've come to dread the words “Can I have a go with Grandma?” :shock:

I happened to mention that, when we move house to be near them in Scotland, I plan to get a mobility scooter. His eyes sparkled with delight at the coolness of that. I'm starting to feel a little hot under the collar :too-hot:

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's the ultimate accolade to be cool - our grandsons were like that with the stair lift until the novelty finally wore off.

I got a compliment too at the weekend, when we had the family - according to my 9 year old grandson, my sausage rolls were 'well good.' Given that I'm no Mary Berry I was quite pleased.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Sticky, we always knew you were cool
    :deckchair:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,152
    Granddaughter when asked by granddad what have you done at school today she answered " school stuff " :shock: I used to be cool now I don't play the right computer games. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Congratulations! When I showed my 4 year old grandson a photo of my mobilty scooter I got a "wow", and quite a few pupils have described my rollator as cool.
    Children are great for putting a positive spin on things.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,224
    Do we conclude that arthritis is cool :? :lol: As long as it's someone else's?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,279
    :lol::lol: I think he is expecting to hitch a lift now and then..my GD adore my grabbers..so we bought her one form the £1 shop then she wouldn't move mine..by the way have you seen the mobility scooters that look like motorbikes...you would be super cool.. :lol: