Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Just a little something to say

bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
edited 27. Apr 2016, 12:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, I have been a long time member of the forum, affectionately known as Bubbles.
I have carried on posting and helping where I can, oblivious to the fact that people think I am Mrs Bubbles, well, I am actually Mr Bubbles.
I took the name from Bubblesdevere from Little Britain, who always made me laugh out loud. This has caused some confusion and I don't want to do that.
I will still use my Bubbles, but, my name is Aidan, there are no other differences, save the obvious, lol. Nursing, life with arthur and heart disease and COPD, Fybro, Diabetis, Neuropathy etc, are all ever present.
I hope I have not upset anyone.
Love Aidan XX (AKA Bubbles)
XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).

Comments

  • appleroseapplerose Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Mr Aiden Bubbles. I guess we all assume that we are talking to other women as it's mostly women who use these type of forums. A lot of years ago, someone gave me the nickname of Frankie so I used it on a couple of forums. Everyone assumed I was a man.
    Christine
  • migmig Posts: 7,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You're not the Aiden that played Poldark are you ? But I guess we could all confess to some little secret. Mig
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mig wrote:
    You're not the Aiden that played Poldark are you ? But I guess we could all confess to some little secret. Mig

    LOL :lol: I am most definitely not the same Aidan that played Poldark. No shadow of doubt, :lol: X Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,168 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh mig :roll:

    What is she like?

    Aidan - who will always be Bubbles to me - it bothers me not a jot that you are male and am sure it will be the same for all the café-dwellers where you mostly reside :)

    As Christine demonstrates, (and has happened to me as Toni), we can all make assumptions :oops:

    I am glad to meet you Aidan :)

    Love

    Toni xxx
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Some of the girls confused my icon with being female, haha. Perhaps us blokes should use a more masculine form of speech?

    'Al'right mate, how're they hanging? Football, football, football. Fancy a beer?'

    How was that? Ehh? Perhaps not!

    Its a grin, honest! :mrgreen:
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,899 ✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..
    Airwaves I love it... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Bless, I know I will still be Bubbles, as I have been for so long, just Aidan Bubbles.

    Football, mmm, errr, tennis yes, watch it all year, every tournament. Beer, oh dear, I am teetotal, a case of having to be with taking a pharmacy load of drugs. Great post, love it.

    Very nice to meet everyone, like starting over, but not really, if that makes any sense.

    Must get ready, in laws taking me into town and for coffee, OH waiting for a parcel. xx
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,168 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..
    Airwaves I love it... :lol:


    Hahahaha!

    I sort of know what you mean Barbara!! It was our fault making assumptions!!!
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    frogmorton wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..
    Airwaves I love it... :lol:


    Hahahaha!

    I sort of know what you mean Barbara!! It was our fault making assumptions!!!

    Just come out, I love it - many many years ago Barbara 8)
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • migmig Posts: 7,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Bubbles,Just to let you know you being a tennis fan my granddaughter has been selected to be a ball girl at Boodles the week before Wimbledon ,she so excited about it. Mig
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,899 ✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    bubbles wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Mr Aiden come bubbles I feel like you have just come out.. :) well I never ..but its good to know we have a man in the cafe..and about time..
    Airwaves I love it... :lol:


    Hahahaha!

    I sort of know what you mean Barbara!! It was our fault making assumptions!!!

    Just come out, I love it - many many years ago Barbara 8)
    No need for the embarrassed face.. we love you for who you are..and do you know when I had my THR the male nurse were some of the most caring.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mig wrote:
    Hi Bubbles,Just to let you know you being a tennis fan my granddaughter has been selected to be a ball girl at Boodles the week before Wimbledon ,she so excited about it. Mig

    How cool is that, I bet she is excited, it is always quite an honour to be picked to be a ball girl and boy, they have quite a lot to do and keep in mind. X Aidan B
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No not embarrassed at all Barbara, that's very kind of you to say about male nurses. I was quite surprised how many there were in my intake, in the late 70's, I am sure there were about 10, in a class of 30. That was in the day when you could smoke on the wards, times change........ :shock: :shock: Only in Sisters office, anywhere else and matron would eat you alive. :swim-shark: xxx Aidan B
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Arther is not particular about either sex, its the one part of life that says ' we are in this together'! Sink or swim, we help each other......
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Airwave! wrote:
    Arther is not particular about either sex, its the one part of life that says ' we are in this together'! Sink or swim, we help each other......

    Absolutely 100% agree. Illness and or disability happens upon all ages, at any time.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • kathleenTkathleenT Posts: 3,134 ✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You'll have to watch mig, Aiden Bubbles, she'll be asking you if you're wearing lycra before long. Hehehehe. :oops:
    “I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen.”
    Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    kathleenT wrote:
    You'll have to watch mig, Aiden Bubbles, she'll be asking you if you're wearing lycra before long. Hehehehe. :oops:

    :lol: Many years ago, when I was fitter and able, I did wear lycra shorts to the gym, yes, t'is true.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • migmig Posts: 7,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooooooooooo Bubbles Poldark in Lycra Oooooooooooo Mig
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mig wrote:
    Ooooooooooo Bubbles Poldark in Lycra Oooooooooooo Mig

    :shock: :shock: :lol::lol: steady away now............
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    (I reckon you will be able to work out the tune for this little ditty)

    I said hello, Aidan,
    Well hello, Aidan,
    it's so good to have you back where you belong . . . *
    You're looking swell, Aidan
    I can tell, Aidan,
    Madame Bubbles,
    With her troubles iiis -
    still goin' strong,
    I feel the café, swayin'
    While the band's playin'
    One of your ole favourite songs from way back when, sooooo
    Take his coat, fellas,
    Find him a seat in our boat, fellas,
    Aidan won't be going away again! *

    I think it rather lovely that you have flying under a 'flag of convenience' so to speak but I will still picture you as a rather buxom matron (with a properly starched cap) doing the rounds with the trolley, be it dispensing meds, tea, cocoa or sweeties. DD

    * not that you ever really left :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    (I reckon you will be able to work out the tune for this little ditty)

    I said hello, Aidan,
    Well hello, Aidan,
    it's so good to have you back where you belong . . . *
    You're looking swell, Aidan
    I can tell, Aidan,
    Madame Bubbles,
    With her troubles iiis -
    still goin' strong,
    I feel the café, swayin'
    While the band's playin'
    One of your ole favourite songs from way back when, sooooo
    Take his coat, fellas,
    Find him a seat in our boat, fellas,
    Aidan won't be going away again! *

    I think it rather lovely that you have flying under a 'flag of convenience' so to speak but I will still picture you as a rather buxom matron (with a properly starched cap) doing the rounds with the trolley, be it dispensing meds, tea, cocoa or sweeties. DD

    * not that you ever really left :wink:

    Well thank you DD, that's a great little ditty. No, I didn't leave, I was absent for a long time after Mum passed, now Mum in Law poorly, but, we are doing ok.
    I am still Matron, without a doubt, just that I don't look like Hattie Jaques :lol::lol:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • tkachevtkachev Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    knock me down with a feather. Wasn't your nick-name Matron? Not that it matters :)



    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    tkachev wrote:
    knock me down with a feather. Wasn't your nick-name Matron? Not that it matters :)



    Elizabeth

    It certainly was Elizabeth, I was matron, then they (the NHS) changed it to Senior Nurse, but I preferred Matron. XX Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
Sign In or Register to comment.