Revision of Total Knee Replacement

Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello DD, nice to hear from you. Things are not too bad thank you. I am sleeping better most nights now. The knee and I am not real friends yet, but getting there slowly. This whole experience has been better than in 2010 but I know that I did far too much then and have taken it easier this time around. Partly because I have generally slowed down over the past couple of years!

I hope you are ok-ish.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I was told we had to give our crutches back and they took them away from a group of us at our physio class but let me keep mine as my ankle had started to cause problems (diagnosed as OA soon after).

Pretty sure the raised toilet seat went back too :shock:

Glad things are better Elna.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thank you Dear Elna , for such an informative post , i am just in the process of making my mind up and going on the list for a revision , you have given me lots to think about . Thanks again x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hello Bertyboy, so nice to hear from you. I remember well that you had knee problems post op.

I "suffered" for 6 years before finally having the revision. Last year I had an op to move my kneecap into line or something. Well what a complete waste of time that was. I had a drain in for 4 days and was five nights in the hospital instead of about 2. Now the skin on the outside of the knee is permanently discoloured, not that I am in the habit of showing many people my knee! ;)

Anyway, that did no good at all and then I was referred to about three surgeons for their suggestions of what was going on and finally got the revision. The surgeon was positive I had some infection in there (I never thought that!) so went to a hospital with all the facilities to deal with infection efficiently. The outcome no infection, but the orthopedic prosthesis was loose and damaged in an unusual pattern..... faulty orthopedic prosthesis perhaps? Surgeons know each other and stick together so the surgeon and I put it down to a few falls I had after a spinal op ..... Who knows? But all that is history so no point in dwelling on it.

I just hope this one lasts me out!

Put your name down for a revision, Bertyboy, you can always change your mind, for whatever reason, should you wish to when your name reaches the top of the list. ;)

Love and all good wishes to you
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    We have been in the same boat by reading that Elna , i had a realignment to and spend a good 3 months in a full leg brace morning noon and night , but as you say hay-ho onward we go x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Oh, you poor love. Sounds like you have had a much worse journey than me. As we both agree onwards we go, you me together! The knee brigade! lol

Do let us know how you go on. I do look in from time to time. I moderate on another forum so that takes up quite a bit of my time. ;)

Tuesday is "granddaughter" day so we are taking her out shortly so I had best get organised!

Look after yourself,

Elna x