Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Returning PIP FORM

nonaproxinnonaproxin Posts: 53
Hi all...I have a question...Can you send your completed PIP form back to the free post address ..And blank out the second class part of the envelope and send it first class registered..I have spent weeks on this..And don't want it to go astray..Or be late arriving....
Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If the envelope is franked second class then postage has already been paid (it's not Freepost, that 's something different). In your shoes I would get a photocopy of the completed form and return the original in the postage-paid envelope thus keeping your expenses down; I would also ask the post office clerk for proof of postage. Keep that with your photocopy so, should your form go missing you will have proof you completed the form and sent it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nonaproxinnonaproxin Posts: 53
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If the envelope is franked second class then postage has already been paid (it's not Freepost, that 's something different). In your shoes I would get a photocopy of the completed form and return the original in the postage-paid envelope thus keeping your expenses down; I would also ask the post office clerk for proof of postage. Keep that with your photocopy so, should your form go missing you will have proof you completed the form and sent it. DD
    Hi Dream daisy.... Confusingly...The envelope is franked as 2nd class...However the address is "Freepost" Personal independence payment,
    post handling site B,
    Wolverhampton....
    I have photocopied the lot ...But I think I will send it recorded delivery ..It's worth the bit extra for peace of mind ..It took me weeks to fill it in...I don't relish the thought of repeating the exercise anytime soon...
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Perhaps I was in a muddle - that wouldn't surprise me :wink: I am pleased you have a copy to keep and I hope it all goes through as it should. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nonaproxinnonaproxin Posts: 53
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Perhaps I was in a muddle - that wouldn't surprise me :wink: I am pleased you have a copy to keep and I hope it all goes through as it should. DD
    Thanks Dream Daisy...I have sent all my clinic notes and consultants reports/ scan reports etc, for the last few years...information overload maybe..But they asked for hospital stuff...So they got it.....
  • daffy2daffy2 Posts: 1,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have some envelopes which have both a Freepost address and 2nd class 'stamp'. I wonder if it reflects the level of service for which the company will be charged when the envelopes go through the system ?
  • nonaproxinnonaproxin Posts: 53
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    daffy2 wrote:
    I have some envelopes which have both a Freepost address and 2nd class 'stamp'. I wonder if it reflects the level of service for which the company will be charged when the envelopes go through the system ?
    ...Probably....
Sign In or Register to comment.