It's nearly 'flu jab time.

Options
2»

Comments

• Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I had my flu jab on Saturday and no problem. However, today I realised that my arm was tender and it's red around the injection site.

Three years ago I had cellulitis in my other arm after a pneumonia vaccination, so I'm wondering if this is the same thing. Luckily, I'm seeing the GP tomorrow about my possible gout (is there no end to this?) so will bare my arm while I'm there! I've taken a photograph of it so I can see if the redness is spreading. Hey ho!

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    This happened to me last year. It was pink and itchy but, because my neck doesn't do contortions, I couldn't see it. When I looked it the mirror the pinkness would easily have covered a 50p piece but that's all it was. When I had cellulitis it was red with pinpricky dots. I hope it's just a localised something or nothing but your doc will know. (I have mine tomorrow.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you Mig and theresak, I had no idea about that and will find out. So far so good with my jab, a little heat and swelling at the site of the jab but that's no great deal.

Hello, Megrose2, I hope things are feeling better but that sounds like a plan. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben