edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy days DD , have you a name for you trusted steed x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you Sticky, Sharon and bertyboy for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. It was a special moment but I cried only when I was alone in the garage putting her on charge.

bertyboy? Yes, I do, she's Boudicaa (Boudy for short). She has not seen the great outdoors since that outing but, once I'm recovered from the stresses of the past week, rest assured she and me will be blasting round the neighbourhood. Lucky old neighbours! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That's lovely DD, I enjoy doing that with my grandchildren too
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Slosh, of course you do, there's something so comforting, human and trusting in such a simple gesture, yes? :) I've been cluttered with crutches, rollators and sticks since 2002 so this was a revelation, being able to steer one-handed is no bad thing. :wink: DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    You seem to have conquered your nerves, so pleased for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Not quite! It's easy in the park because the official paths are wide and smooth, you just have to watch out for dogs not on leads and small children - both live in their own worlds and don't notice what's going on around them. I was thinking of using her tomorrow evening, we are going out with friends to our local but it will mean returning in the dark and I'm no where near ready for that so I will drive Bea2: after the past week walking there and back is not an option. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Perhaps you need some headlights DD.

My daughter still teases me about my first shopping trip on a shop mobility one, and I nearly shop lifted a bra from M and * when one got caught on a back wheel.

Sorry to hear you don't feel up to walking to the pub DD, but hope once you get there you can enjoy yourself.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Boudy is equipped with headlights, brake lights and indicators, and of course there are street lamps but to be honest I'm not alert enough to navigate and control: this past week has been utterly punishing on my joints and muscles, I'm struggling with the payback. As for the pub, well, I'm hoping to pull a genuine sicky rather than force myself further: hard wooden seats and cramped tables is far from my idea of fun - yup, I'm feeling that bad. :( :roll: Hey-ho, it will pass, all things do. DD