GETTING CLOSE NOW !!!!

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hileena you have had a rotten time..so you are allowed a moan or two..I hope that you feel better very soon...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending some hugs (((()))). Mig
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI
    Glad to see you are home. Sorry to hear you have had a rough time, but really hope you start to feel better soon. And yes! be patient!! Not easy I know but you have waited a long time for this knee so don`t be in a hurry to do too much too soon.
    Take care
    NB
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    Well, 2 tablets of iron "just in case"!!!!! Oromorph, and goodness knows what other "meds are bungy up ones"

The nurse practitioner from the hospital rang me last night {2nd day out} and asked how I was. In pain. How much oromorph are you taking? I've had 5mls up to now. {about 6pm} "I told you to take 4x 5 mls in a day. Its for breakthrough pain and they will soon take it from you. That's me told.
    She then asked about bowels. I was on 2 sachets of laxatives and she said take the letter to the pharmacist and ask her can she add anything to it if you still haven't gone by Tues.
    She said 1 extra sachet and 2 senna.
    Hopefully that will sort things out.

I'm waiting for a letter from the physio to give me an appointment.

Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Thank you for being a secretary and keeping everyone up to date :lol:

Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi NB
    Thanks, I'll not be in a hurry. I'm getting tired very easily.
    I've never known me be so tired so easily.
    The thing is about being "bunged up" I cant move much at all
    Wander up and down the hallway. I had planned to get out and walk a little bit each day. {With Peter} When I volunteer I tell I tell people to walk to the first lamppost and then the 2nd lamppost the following day but done know what its like where you are but its frozen solid here and Peter says NO don't be silly
    Oh well.
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs Mig xxx

Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I will be patient :wink: It's not normal but I will!!
    It's much easier at home no doubt about that.

I didn't realise that my knee would be so sore after the 2 THR's they weren't nearly as sore but so be it.
    Its frosty outside {don't know what its like with you} so cant even walk to the first lamp post. :roll:
    Oh well It will pass.
    I went in on Fri [almost 1st one] and came out 5.30pm Wed. I was fed up

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    For my first TKR I went in on 28th March and came out three weeks later. That's how it was back then. And sitting with it elevated for about 10 days. It was all painstakingly slow. But was worth it. Just as my 6 weeks was up and K was eligible to drive again I did it all again with the other one.

Just do the exercises and rest up, Hileena. The lamp posts will still be there in a few weeks' time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky,
    What a long time......my brother was telling me about a ligament he had done years ago and he was in for ages.
    Sitting with it elevated :shock:
    Isn't that sods law, just as the 6 weeks were up....the other one!!!!!!
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Gosh Hileena!!

No ambling up to lampposts when it's icy :shock: Peter is right 100%.

Imagine if you fell, (wincing thinking about it!), and made things worse.

Take care and amble indoors for now :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Toni. I know he is right. :oops:
    We have got a Metro Centre which is good. Peter will drive me in and we have coffee then it depends on how I feel......I might go into one shop for a quick look around and that's it.{On crutches in the shop} but on the scooter from the car to wherever we are going for coffee, then on again if I need something from a shop.

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Yes Hileena!!

Get yourself off to the Metro!! That will do you the world of good and you can use your scooter most of the time.

Extra bonus a lovey coffee :)

You take care of yourself ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    I think you know me too well Toni :lol:
    I'm due a free cup of coffee but cant face it at the minute.
    My Free one tends to be a large one, with toffee syrup, and lots of cream and sprinkles {not just the chocolate} :lol:
    My appetite isn't great so I'll save that until I feel a bit better and just have an ordinary one :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hileena, so sorry I've not congratulated you on getting home before. (Had other things to deal with sadly).

I'm delighted to know that you are home. I remember after my TKR in 2009 I'd want to do something - as silly as getting myself a drink - and I'd be wiped out for hours. Having a strip-wash, hair wash and getting dressed got me to the point of complete exhaustion the first morning I was home. So I can identify with how you are feeling.

Take it one day at a time. You can still "direct operations" with your feet up and "supervise" your Peter. I seem to recall I folded washing up when I was sitting down, peeled vegetables, sorted paperwork out, that sort of thing. Pace yourself and don't overdo it. It's very early days for you at the moment.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Grace
    Thanks and don't worry about not replying sooner, everyone has their own lives to live especially when we have arthritis.

Well, You talk about strip was and hair wash. I'm going to TRY to go to the hairdressers tomorrow. I always have an appointment on a Tuesday morning about 9.15am {Pensioners day so its cheaper :lol: } She said to me to leave last week and if I came I came and if I didn't well it didn't matter.
    I didn't get out until 5.30pm Wed so that was out. I feel as if I could do with it being washed and me feeling human again :lol:
    Its on the Front Street in the village and Peter will take me up and instead of parking and waiting {15mins for a blow dry} he will walk with me and wait in the hairdressers. Then back to the car and home and I will collapse :lol: and feel wiped out. I wont try to do anything for the rest of the day except my exercises.[and probably not the three times they are supposed to be done ] :wink:
    It's a goal I'm setting myself and if I make it I make it and if I don't.......Well !!!!!!! I'll try next week.

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Sticky,
    What a long time......my brother was telling me about a ligament he had done years ago and he was in for ages.
    Sitting with it elevated :shock:
    Isn't that sods law, just as the 6 weeks were up....the other one!!!!!!
    Love
    Hileena

Not really as I knew from the start that as soon as the first one had healed I'd be in for the second. I lost most of spring that year but returned with a perfect excuse to lounge about watching Wimbledon.

Even with my revision I had to spend much of the day with it elevated. And no comforting cushion underneath as that prevents it healing straight. I found it got easier as I went along but the first week or two was nasty.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Stcky
    I suppose if you knew you were going it wasn't a shock/surprise
    I take it you aren't supposed to have a cushion?
    That's what I was told anyway

Oh talking about sods law........Would you believe that just this month they changed the 90 degree angle for THR's....no sleeping on back for 6 weeks, no 90 degree angle etc.....Anyone going in now will have it cushy compared to we did :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    Options
    They won't know they're born will they Hileena??!!!

I hope you are doing ok today and aren't too bored.

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Toni

I'm still sore but apart from anything else a good part of it is this awful biting cold. That's affecting it no doubt, usually does.
    No they wont know they were born will they :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI Hileena
    I hope that you at doing ok and that you had a nice time having your hair done. I had Mr NB washing mine over the sink as I couldn`t cope with itchy hair and I can`t cope with the hairdressers backwash with my back. It is nice when it is all clean and dried though.
    Take care when you are out with the ice etc.. I know you will anyway.
    NB
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi NB
    At least I feel human now :lol:

I forgot about your back. I go to the hairdressers because of my back. I cant bend over it really hurts but I can lie back
    Peter drove me to as close as he could. Parked the car then got out and walked with me.
    It was only a blow dry which for me takes 15mins {its short}
    This time he sat in the hairdressers, normally he sits in the car and listens to the radio.
    Then walked me back and everything was fine.
    Next week I think its due a cut so he will either do the normal .....drope me off and come back when I ring or if I don't feel great I'll just get it blow dried

Love
    Eileen
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I can just imagine Peter sat in the salon Hileena!!

Not the place for him, but it shows just how much he loves you and cares about you :)

By the way - you look 10 years younger!!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    :lol::lol:

Yes I wasn't sure that he would come in but he sat and played with his this mobile. I doubt that he will come in when I have to get it cut :lol: I wont need him then. :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Hileena I know we talk most days.. :lol: but just thought I would read back ..is that right about the THR all the no dos have now gone...I was talking to my neighbours who had her hips done over 20 years ago and they are still going well..she said the only thing I had to do was sleep on my back..bending was normal :shock: her hips are still going strong :D
    Love
    Barbara