Physio appointment

TheLordFlasheart
TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
edited 17. Nov 2016, 05:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to my physio appointment at my local hospital today, no issues checking in (always nice), as I got there nice and early.

Only had to wait 5 minutes over my appointment time, got called in by the physio and had a brief assesment where I was asked about my symptoms, any aches/pains etc, what causes my arthritis to flare up(you can imagine this was a long list). The phsyiotherapist then tested my knee movement, and the overall muscle strength in both my legs (my previous physio 2 and a bit years ago found some slight muscle degredation in my quads).

Im now been referred to a OA knee group (which I found about myslef and asked my GP to refer my, but had to be referred via the hospital physio department), which also includes hydrotherapy, and this will be for 6 weeks starting on the 9th of January.

I have never known such a quick timeframe from inital GP referral to starting my treatment.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 28,075
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well that sounded excellent care all round :)

I am impressed.

I hope you find the knee group helpful and the hydrotherapy too.

Best wishes

Toni x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,101
    That sounds very good. Please let us know how / if the physio helps.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,276
    Dont you just appreciate the NHS when all comes together..I hope the hydro makes a difference..must say we are the same her in the north west we dont wait long for appointments and when there are seen quite soon..long may it continue..

Who's Online

CrazyrunningDog
CrazyrunningDog
Trace72
Trace72
+10 Guests