I'm new on here

Stedonnelly270
Stedonnelly270 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Dec 2016, 07:11 in Say Hello Archive
I'm 40 years of age and have severe arthritis in both hips I'm a single parent to twin girls age 9 any advice

Comments

moderator Moderator Posts: 4,088
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you wil find support, advice, friendship and light relief here.

I am one of the moderation team, we all have one or more arthritis 'hanger on' or look after family with the same.

Best wishes
    Chris
  • Amble
    Amble Member Posts: 32
    I am truly sorry about your arthritic hips. 9 year olds can keep you on the go.
    Don't hide your pain from them. There may be many little ways in which they can help? I hope so. santa
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,619
    Hello and welcome from me, too.

Arthritis plus children is a difficult combination. I did it many years ago and wouldn't like to try it again. I suggest you read up on 'Managing Arthritis', on the toolbar above. It's full of good tips and advice. It has been shown that keeping the weight down, a good Mediterranean diet, exercising regularly and not smoking all help. Also, do feel free to talk to us here because we do understand.
  • HipHipReplacement
    HipHipReplacement Member Posts: 8
    Hello fellow bilateral arthritic hip haver. I don't really have too much advice to embellish on what the others have said as I'm new here too, but welcome!

Who's Online

frogmorton
frogmorton
+9 Guests