Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Have gone up in the world - literally!

GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
edited 24. Jan 2017, 15:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
My equipment arrived on Friday as ordered by the hospital re my forthcoming TKR.

Very useful kitchen perching stool. With a back rest and arms.

Plus a raised toilet seat of 4" depth! I have truly gone up in the world! :lol: (Mind you, I now realise I've probably needed that raised toilet seat for a long time). Both items have been issued to me on a permanent loan basis, but if the NHS ask for them back I'll return them and purchase my own to replace.

Already had a bathroom perching stool and grab rails by the loo so didn't need anything else.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You sound...er...set up(? :wink: ) now, Grace, and, yes, we often live with things for longer than we should or need to but probably better that than giving in too easily.

I've just 'graduated' to a 6" high loo seat as my new loo is smaller than my previous one. Next stop vertigo :lol:
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    You cannot beat a raised loo seat! My first one was a gift from Social Services and came with a frame, my Ma loathed it ('It makes you look disabled.') Oh gosh, really? How awful. :roll:

I am so pleased that you are finding your essential physical life a little easier to manage - it does make a difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceBGraceB Posts: 1,598
    Blimey Sticky. You'll be getting altitude sickness soon! :lol:

DD - yes it does rather reinforce the challenges we face doesn't it? But it's needed. As you would say, 'nuff said!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!