Options
2»

Comments

• Sars4185
    Sars4185 Member Posts: 34
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Grace
    I am glad your doing well . I always feel once your clips are out at least your getting back to normal and can soon have a good shower ! Hope physio is ok and your on top of your pain . Are you still on crutches?
    Big hugs
    Sara
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Very glad that things went pretty much according to plan, save the drop in your BP, spinal infusion, plus getting out of bed after surgery can drop your BP even more. Lower is better, but that was very low.

You sound to be doing remarkably well, and I can only agree with Toni, changing TED stockings is no mean feat. I remember wards full of people with them on and the sweat running down my face, lol. The plastic bag is certainly a good help.

hope you continue to progress well, sending every best wish xxx Aidan
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks for the replies again. Yes I'm still on both crutches although I am able to "lurch about" (physio's description - not mine!) in the kitchen with one elbow crutch and using the worktops the other side to support myself. Kitchen is small galley style one I hasten to add. I'm still trying to elevate the leg as much as possible. And using ice packs as instructed by the physio.

Where the staples were taken out yesterday the dressing is marked and slightly yellow. I'm assuming this is probably a chemical in the dressing reacting to the blood that appeared when the staples came out? (The nurse didn't wash the wound before re-dressing it). The marking hasn't spread, the knee isn't any hotter than it has been since the op and I feel ok (although extremely tired still) in myself.

I can take the dressing off tomorrow so intend to do this first thing and if there's even a slightest tinge of an infection in the wound, I'll be ringing my GP surgery at 8am so I can see someone tomorrow. Not worth taking a chance with this in my view. I need to speak to the surgery tomorrow anyway to get another sick note to follow on from the one the hospital gave me on discharge.

I'll update again tomorrow.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Grace, sounds as though it all going okay. Enjoy getting rid of the dressing tomorrow, let the air get to your knee, it's a good feeling. :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oooh I remember it well :D It is good :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright