Heated neck massagers - any good?

Sue
Sue Member Posts: 40
edited 25. Mar 2017, 06:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, does anyone know if the battery operated neck massagers are any good? The ones which heat up and have different settings.
I have OA in my neck and wondered if one of these might help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,274
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Sue
    I have OA in my neck and use the heated wheat bags that you microwave...it really helps to have heat on there. especially before exercising the neck..sorry I haven't tried the one that massages..
  • Sue
    Sue Member Posts: 40
    Thanks Barbara,
    I too have one which you microwave and yes it helps but it goes cold. I have been looking at battery operated ones which warm up but also give a sort of massage. Could you look at the link below and let me know what you think? I am only recently diagnosed and am wondering around desperate for something to ease the pain. I am also concerned that such devices could do more damage?

tps://www.weightworld.uk/u-neck-massager.html?LGWCODE=14771;96947;4647&utm_source=gbase&utm_term=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&gclid=COWl_Jzn7tICFUe17Qod-AYAow
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I have looked at these but reviews don't seem that good. I do know that TENS machines can be efective, unfortunately I can't use them as I have a metal implant in my neck. A physio could advise
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,274
    Hello Sue
    I have looked at the link, it seems a bit expensive, but if it works..I suppose unless you try it then you will never know..I wonder if there is a returns policy in case you don't get on with it..
    Like I said earlier its essential to keep the neck moving, gently and slowly ..so I agree with slosh ask to be referred to a physio then they can take you through the exercises..sorry I'm not much help on the massage device..

Who's Online

toady
toady
+6 Guests