Heated neck massagers - any good?

Options
Sue
Sue Member Posts: 40
edited 25. Mar 2017, 06:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, does anyone know if the battery operated neck massagers are any good? The ones which heat up and have different settings.
I have OA in my neck and wondered if one of these might help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Sue
    I have OA in my neck and use the heated wheat bags that you microwave...it really helps to have heat on there. especially before exercising the neck..sorry I haven't tried the one that massages..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sue
    Sue Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks Barbara,
    I too have one which you microwave and yes it helps but it goes cold. I have been looking at battery operated ones which warm up but also give a sort of massage. Could you look at the link below and let me know what you think? I am only recently diagnosed and am wondering around desperate for something to ease the pain. I am also concerned that such devices could do more damage?

tps://www.weightworld.uk/u-neck-massager.html?LGWCODE=14771;96947;4647&utm_source=gbase&utm_term=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&gclid=COWl_Jzn7tICFUe17Qod-AYAow
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have looked at these but reviews don't seem that good. I do know that TENS machines can be efective, unfortunately I can't use them as I have a metal implant in my neck. A physio could advise
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sue
    I have looked at the link, it seems a bit expensive, but if it works..I suppose unless you try it then you will never know..I wonder if there is a returns policy in case you don't get on with it..
    Like I said earlier its essential to keep the neck moving, gently and slowly ..so I agree with slosh ask to be referred to a physio then they can take you through the exercises..sorry I'm not much help on the massage device..
    Love
    Barbara