HILEENAS OP IS TOMORROW

Options

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's very early days. These things won't be rushed. I hope tonight is better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    HI
    I SUPPOSE THATS TRUE BUT I'M NOT THE MOST PATIENT PERSON :roll:
    AS MY DAUGHTER REMINDED ME THIS IS THE 3RD LARGE OP IN A SHORT TIME :roll:
    MY TKR, THEN THE PINS PLATE SCREWSS ETC IN SHOULDER AND A FEW WEEKS LATER THE SAME SHOULDER......COMPLETE REPLACEMENT....THAT WAS LAST TUESDAY!!!!!
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hileena, be kind to yourself. You have been through a lot and you do need to be patient. I know it's hard. What are you able to do to keep yourself distracted? I've just got a big TV for my room to keep my busy after my operations. I'm recording some series to watch later. I've heard good things about Line of Duty - everyone is raving about it.

Take care and look after yourself.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Sophie, I've never watched Line of Duty until this last series but I'm hooked. Broadchurch was another recent one that held my attention.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hileena,

Take all the pain meds that have been provided by the hospital and take them regularly. I hope you are doing that. If they make you sleepy then sleep, your body needs rest to heal.

Sending you so much love and healing vibes. It does get better but the does take time.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI ELNA
    I'M TAKING THE SAME MEDS THAT I WAS TAKING WHEN I WENT INTO HOSPITAL!!! EXCEPT FOR OROMORPH.

I WAS USING IT AS NEEDED BEFOREHAND BUT THEN WHEN I HAD MY TKR, THEN THE PINS PLATE SCREWS ETC I TOOK IT ABOUT 3 TIMES A DAY .... 5ML.

WHEN I WENT IN THE PHARMACIST HAD ME WRITTEN UP FOR OROMORPH 10ML EVERY 2 HOURS??? I DIDNT GET IT THAT OFTEN.....IT WAS ONLY EVER 5ML, AND IF I HAD IT 3 TIMES IN A DAY [INCS THE NIGHT] I WAS LUCKY.....NO ONE ANSWERED THE BUZZER.

SO NOW ITS 10ML BUT ABOUT 4 OR 5 HRS APART AND NOTHING DURING THE NIGHT.
    I SEE THE SURGEON IN JUST OVER A WEEKS TIME SO I MIGHT MENTION IT
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hileena, so sorry I've not posted but I was away for a couple of days.

I'm pleased to hear you are home now. Yes, three operations one after the other is a lot for anyone to tackle. All you can do is to listen to your body and rest.

I find after surgery I seem to crave fresh air and gallons of water - it's almost as if my body is trying to "flush out" the anaesthetic drugs.

I hope the pain settles and you manage to get some sleep even if it's in bits and pieces throughout a 24 hour period. Please let your family and loved ones look after you; it's your turn to be cossetted.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI GRACE
    DONT WORRY, WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS ON HERE.
    I DONT EXPECT YOU TO KEEP ANSWERING MY POSTS
    WHERE WERE YOU? DID YOU HAVE A NICE TIME?
    I'M TRYING TO REST BUT WITH THE OA IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO MAKE ME STIFFEN UP
    PETER IS EXCELLENT.....DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT HIM
    NOT ONLY HAVE I NOT GOT THE USE OF MY RIGHT HAND/ARM BUT I HAVENT GOT THE USE OF MY LEFT ONE EITHER :roll: NORMALLY ON 2 CRUTCHES BUT NOW I'M WOBBLING ABOUT USING MY LEFT CRUTCH......NOT EASY :lol:
    THE REST OF MY FAMILY CONSISTS OF PAUL WHO IS MARRIED AND HAS A LITTLE GIRL, [12 YRS OLD] HE LIVES ABOUT 25MILES AWAY AND IS A FULL TIME PASTOR OF HIS CHURCH. THEY WILL BE UP TOMORROW AFTERNOON
    SARAH [DAUGHTER] NOT MARRIED. WORKS FULL TIME AS A MANAGER OF A DEPARTMENT IN PRIMARK. SHES NOT MOBILE ''''LIVES ABOUT 20 MILES AWAY. I MEET HER FOR COFFEE AS OFTEN AS HER JOB ALLOWS WHICH IS NICE
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hello dear Hileena

I have just looked at my 2015 diary when I had my TSR and I have used words like weepy, low, despondent, bad pain and .... existing...... then after one week and one day post op, I wrote I am just beginning to turn the corner a little. I did sleep and rest a lot so my body was telling me something, plus taking the pain meds.

I did go out too early and wrote that my arm/shoulder was painful in the sling. It was the movement of walking that did it.

It will improve dear Hileena. I promise. x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI ELNA
    I'VE BEEN OUT BUT A LOT OF IT HAS BEEN USING MY SCOOTER. MY SLING DOES HURT....I SEE THE SURGEON IN A WEEKS TIME SO I WILL HAVE A LIST OF QUESTIONS WHEN I GO :lol:
    AT THE MOMENT I'M 6 DAYS POST OP
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I'm glad you've been able to get out but please don't overdo things. Listen to your body.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI SLOSH
    I WONT OVERDO IT. I'M ON MY SCOOTER ALL OF THE TIME WHEN I'M OUT. OR PETERS CAR. ITS BETTER THAT THAN JUST SITTING AROUND :wink:
    STOPS ME FROM GOING MAD DOING NOTHING IN THE HOUSE
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hello Hileena,

Just back from holidays and I was wondering how you're faring. Glad to hear you're home and beginning the journey to recovery. Please take good care of yourself, I absolutely understand how much better those little journeys out make you feel, it somehow helps to make life feel a bit more normal.

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI DEB

THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE
    I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD HOLIDAY

I'M GETTING THERE BUT JUST A WEEK SINCE THE OP [A WEEK AGO TODAY] SO I'M STILL SORE
    IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.....I'VE HAD 3 MAJOR OPS SINCE NEVEMBER
    A TKR, PINS PLATE AND SCREWS IN MY SHOULDER AND THE LAST ONE WAS A TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT.
    NO WONDER I'M STILL SORE :roll:

IT REALLY DOES HELP TO GET OUT FOR A SHORT TIME MOST DAYS......YOU ARE RIGHT.
    WE HAVE BOOKED 4-5 DAYS IN THE LAKES AT THE END OF THE MONTH SO HOPEFULLY I'LL BE A BIT BETTER BY THEN. THE SCOOTER IS A BLESSING.I'M IN NORTHUMBERLAND SO NOT TOO FAR AWAY
    WHERE DID YOU GO?
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    You are amazing with all that you've coped with and still having the positive determination to maintain some sense of normality! The few days break will do you a power of good.

I had a lovely time thank you, a week in Gran Canaria with my daughter whilst my ever patient hubby stayed home to look after her small menagerie......some sunshine seems to help my aches and pains - it's the third year she and I have taken a break together.
    Unfortunately since I've got back I've been feeling dizzy so I'm hoping it's not an ear infection brewing, maybe it's just the effects of the flight......or lack of sleep because we landed at 3 am and I couldn't settle off after that.

Take good care of yourself.

Deb xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI DEB
    I DO HOPE ITS NOT AN INFECTION
    PROBABLY LACK OF SLEEP LIKE YOU SAY......MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU GET DECENT SLEEP

TAKE CARE
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    You're such a warrior, Hileena. :) Glad you get to go away, fingers crossed for an enjoyable break for you. Forgive me if you've already said but have you tried pain patches? They've worked well for me and I have fewer side effects. I'm on BuTrans (buprenorphine) and it's been good.

Wishing you well. Xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI
    I HOPE WE DO GET AWAY......ITS NOT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK IN MAY SO HOPEFULLY I WILL FEEL A BIT BETTER BY THEN
    THOSE PATCHES YOU USE....MORPHINE BASED? IF THEY ARE I'M ALREADY ON ZOMORPH.9AM AND 9PM EACH DAY.
    THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
    I USE HEAT PATCHES ON MY BACK BUT THATS ALL THEY ARE......WHEN MY BACK IS SORE THEY HELP......NOTHING TO DO WITH MY SHOULDER :lol:
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    you have been through such a lot I was told it takes a year for your body to get over a op you are doing well
    thinking of you
    Joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI JOAN
    THANKS FOR THAT

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Wow, you are going away at the end of May. Well that is an incentive to get well! You are braver than I am!

Hope you are doing ok. Is it about day 10 post op now?

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    Options
    HI ELNA
    I'M NOT BRAVE BY ANY MEANS. IT WAS PETERS IDEA. HE SAID I NEEDED AN INCENTIVE AND HE WENT AHEAD AND BOOKED IT

YES ITS ABOUT 10 DAYS NOW
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Well you definitely have an incentive. Ten days! ;):) You will be fighting fit by then! ;)

When does your physio start? Cannot say I am enjoying mine. :roll:

When little Emily (nearly 3 years old) was with us for 4 days over the bank holiday, she would shout out "Gran, exercises" and start to count (not very well) from 1 - 10. Kept me on my toes, in more ways than one!

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    Options
    HI
    KS, THEY ARE FUNNY AREN'T THEY....SHE NEEDS TO STAY THERE TO KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES :lol::lol:
    SORRY 10 DAYS MEANT I WAS 10 DAYS POST OP :lol:
    PHYSIO STARTS NEXT WEEK [FORGET WHICH DAY] I'MCONFUSED :?
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I wish you well with the physio. Wonder if you will get the same exercises as me. Will have to touch base on that one!

That reminds me, I must go and do my third lot of physio exercises for the day. I now do the exercise I loathe the most, first, to get it over with!

Love
    Elna x