Options
13»

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI ELNA
    THATS THE MOST SENSIBLE WAY TO DO IT I SUPPOSE......GET THE HATED ONES OVER FIRST

I THINK I SAID TO YOU A WHILE BACK I'D NEVER SEEN AN OP DOC......WELL I GOT A LETTER SAYING THE CLINIC WOULD LIKE TO SEE ME ON 24TH MAY AND THEN THE NEXT DAY ANOTHER LETTER CANCELLING IT AND REMAKING IT FOR 30TH MAY :?
    WHAT WILL THAT BE LIKE I WONDER?
    LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

The OP appointment will be fine and even beneficial if it is anything like my appointments. I asked my doctor if I could be referred to someone after I received the latest dexa report. I was not happy that I had been taken off the medication I had been on previously and told I did not need to take any OP drug anymore.

On seeing the doctor he agreed that I DO need an OP drug and I was adamant which one I wanted and after checking out my BP with a 24 hour monitor he agreed.

I saw him a year later and will see him again in just under 6 months. I am very happy to continue seeing this doctor in the endocrinology department. Actually it was this doctor that had written the report of my latest dexa. Just goes to show, doesn't it, that on paper scans can look very different from actually seeing the patient and having a discussion with them about their health in general.

I am so relieved that I did not just accept what was in the report because it was written by someone in a medical team.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    HI ELNA
    WHEN YOU SAY DOCTOR DO YOU MEAN OP OR GP?
    WE DONT JUST ACCEPT WHAT WE ARE TOLD WITHOUT QUESTION :lol:

LOVE
    HILEENA
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

When I say doctor, I mean a doctor in the endocrinology department whom I see regarding my osteoporosis.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    THANKS ELNA
    THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT DOCs SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO KNIOW

HILEENA