Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Newly diagnosed

SandiBSandiB Posts: 26
edited 1. Sep 2017, 15:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I have recently received a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Feeling a little perplexed with all the information out there. What are your experiences of meds? I am intolerant of NSAIDS and Methotrexate made me feel awful!

Comments

• moderatormoderator Posts: 4,082 mod
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sandib
    Welcome to the forum, I know how you feel when you are diagnosed with any Arthritis, I have OA and can still remember how I felt just like you.Its great you have found the forum as all are friendly and all understand and can empathize with you.
    Just choose a forum and start to chat you will soon get a reply.
    All the best Christine :D
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
    Hi there SandiB and welcome.

I don't have PsA: I have RA but the meds are the same. I can't take NSAIDS either but my disease is well-controlled by a combination of methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.

What are you taking now? Or are you having to wait until the methotrexate has left your system? Sulphasalazine is a common one, especially for PsA.

Do be careful of information 'out there'. The net is a dangerous place for misinformation. Stick to reliable sites like this one, ARUK and NHS Choices.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • RogRog Posts: 24
    SandiB wrote:
    Hi
    I have recently received a diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. Feeling a little perplexed with all the information out there. What are your experiences of meds? I am intolerant of NSAIDS and Methotrexate made me feel awful!

Welcome to the psoriatic arthritis club, newly joined myself just over a week ago lol (shouldnt have but if i dont i will cry) still only on 10mg of meth a week and had 2 doses thus far, so far so good if and a big it it stops this in its tracks or slows it down and gives me a better chance at walking right for once, have limped for what seems like forever now and dont recall the last time i walked normally, perhaps my brain wouldnt allow me to do so if i could now its been so long.
  • SandiBSandiB Posts: 26
    Rog wrote:
    SandiB wrote:
    Hi

Welcome to the psoriatic arthritis club, newly joined myself just over a week ago lol (shouldnt have but if i dont i will cry) still only on 10mg of meth a week and had 2 doses thus far, so far so good if and a big it it stops this in its tracks or slows it down and gives me a better chance at walking right for once, have limped for what seems like forever now and dont recall the last time i walked normally, perhaps my brain wouldnt allow me to do so if i could now its been so long.

Thanks for the welcome. My nurse took me off all meds and I've now been waiting 6 weeks to find out what happens next.
    Really hope there will be something I can take as the pain is just getting worse. What a horrid condition for us to have. I hope the meds work for you and you gain some semblance of normality. X
  • SandiBSandiB Posts: 26
    Thanks all!
    Does anyone have any experience of arthritis gloves? I am looking for something that supports my fingers when I'm typing.
    Thanks