News about Sticky.

Options

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is such wonderful news DD
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Thanks again DD, it's absolutely right to respect her privacy. It sounds like she is making progress in the right direction which is good news indeed. Sending her good wishes and positive vibes.

Deb xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou for updating us DD..poor SW.. but just like her not to want any fuss..
    Sticky I do wish you a speedy recovery...and hope you are home in your own bed very soon...(()) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Thank you very much for the update DD.

I am so glad to hear Stickywicket has had a cuppa I bet it was one of the best she's ever had in her life :D

Such good news :)

Fingers are still firmly crossed ((()))

Love

Toni xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD, Apologies in my tardiness in posting onto this thread!

It's very kind of you to keep us up-to-date regarding Sticky. Please give her my best wishes, I hope our Sticky continues to make steady progress and feels better soon.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • SarLoWills
    SarLoWills Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sticky.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Once again thanks are due to you all for your support so thank you! :)

Yesterday was a very good day on the Stickywicket front, an omelette was consumed for lunch, poached fish* and mash for dinner and I daresay a few ice creams, yogurts, build-up drinks and the odd cuppa too (NHS cuppas are odd but always very welcome). She will today lose her 'necklace' (a most fearsome arrangement of IV sockets dangling from one tiny string plugged into the left hand side of her neck) and may be booted out (her phrase) either tomorrow or Saturday. :D

I have her permission to tell what's been going on: operation no.1 was to deal with a hernia, possibly caused by all the astonishing coughing she had been doing in the previous month. Operation no.2 was to relieve a constricted bowel, it was mucked up in three places and there was some uncertainty whether it would be able to remain in situ. Fortunately it has, a portion was removed, she was stitched up and all is going well (I hope you catch my drift). DD

* Due to a possible predictive text error her dinner apparently consisted of 'poached fist and mash' which I considered to be an unlikely offering for a vegetarian recovering from bowel surgery. I corrected as I saw fit. :wink:

PS Regarding the updates you are all more than welcome.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Good morning DD
    thank you for this wonderful news

It's always nice to know that they want to kick you out Sticky. So Sticky take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest.
    Sending only the best wishes for your speedy recovery
    Sharon

PS thank you so much for the updates DD they have been most welcome!!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    k010.gif

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such great news DD I am very very pleased to hear it too :D

I bet she, (and her family), cannot wait for her to be booted out

k070.gif

:D

Toni xxx
  • Slosh
    Options
    Such great news. I bet she can't wait to get home and have a real cuppa! The "necklace" sounds very uncomfortable and I can imagine loosing it will help a lot.
    Thanks for the updates DD.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Just the best kind of news. Here's hoping tomorrow marks her great escape and a return to some kind of normality.

Deb xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Further news: I have spoken with her today, she has had a shower, a walk, hasn't yet lost the necklace and is waiting to have her staples removed. She admitted to feeling tired but she has been struggling with sleep and to consume those ghastly 'build-up' drinks. She is optimistic that release will be tomorrow (which makes more sense than a Saturday) but the challenges are not yet over: her diet for the next few days / weeks will be restricted for obvious reasons (no fruit and veg for example) but that's better than being in hospital, isn't it? DD
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    That's really good news, a speedy recovery indeed. Thanks for keeping us all updated DD.
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • frogmorton
    Options
    A shower :D

It gets better and better :D

Not having fruit is neither here nor there compared to being in your won bed minus lines in your neck :shock:

Oooh I feel a bit faint

k050.gif

Keep on going Stickywicket!!!!

Thanks DD

Love

Toni xx
  • Natalie1712
    Natalie1712 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Wishing all the best to sticky for a healthy recovery! Hopefully the nausea passes soon x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sending all good wishes for a speedy recovery.

much love Denise XX
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    She's home. :D:D:D DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou DD..our SW is a one off..so glad to hear that is was able to eat something..and got rid of some of the tubes..wishing you a speedy recovery sticky (()) xx
    Oh just spotted she is home..didnt think it would be long somehow.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks DD for letting us know about Sticky, it's great she is home and we all wish her the best and a speedy recovery
    Love Christine
  • Slosh
    Options
    Wonderful news DD.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    Options
    Hoorah :D:D:D:D:D , Here's hoping being back in her own bed and familiar surroundings will help her feel much better.

Thanks for keeping us all informed DD.

Sticky, if you get to read this, sending the very gentlest of hugs ((( ))). Take all the time you need to recover properly, and let others spoil you for a while, you are most assuredly worth it!

Deb xx
  • Hobble
    Hobble Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Hope she's feeling much better soon and a speedy recovery :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    What a lovely thread to come home to! Thank you, everyone, and especially to DD.

I think you know most of it. I knew, from two past colonoscopies, that I had a 'long, loopy colon'. Well, it must have outgrown the abdomen, two bits wound themselves together in holy deadlock and cut off their own blood supply. The rest was down to the skills of my lovely surgeon. He promised to leave me without a stoma or ileostomy if possible and he did just that.

The bowel, apparently, hates being handled and can go into a major sulk afterwards and mine did. Nothing was moving downwards but the food drips fed into my neck ("The most expensive meals you'll ever have") all made their way back up. I was queen of projectile vomiting. I scared the family witless and my son had a flight boooked from LA but, after my most spectacular display, when my BP read 99/45, things began to improve. My first f*rt was - dare I say it? - trumpeted loudly among the docs and my first poo was given celebrity status.

DD is far too kind. I didn't womanfully swallow the high protein drinks: I got the cleaner to smuggle them away from me. But the dietician agreed they are prescribed too early.Anyway, I'm now exploring Stage 3 diet - without a great deal of enthusiasm but still, we're getting there. Salads and stews can wait.

I shall be back here but not just yet. First of all my remaining bowel and I have to make friends. It's going well but slowly.

Thanks again to one and all. Kind thoughts really do help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    What lovely news that you are home!

I'm sure you with soon have your intestines back under control, what a brilliant surgeon keeping all your bits in the right place

Take care
    Wazz xx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Welcome back Sticky. As you say guts can be rather diva-ish about being manhandled(perhaps it's their payback for doing such an unglamorous job which most folks would far rather not give any thought or attention to?) so I hope you can quickly re-establish at least a working(!) relationship with yours.
    Take care, and best wishes once more to MrSW, who will not have found this episode easy to deal with I suspect.