News about Sticky.

Options

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome home Sticky. Just know that you're in all of our thoughts and take time to rest and recuperate. I guess that you and Mr Sticky need some quiet time to regroup and get your heads around all the dramas of the last few weeks.

I hope your recovery progresses steadily and smoothly, and that food eventually once more becomes a pleasure to anticipate.

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Sticky and you made it home in time for the cricket! Now just take it easy, forget about us and look after yourself.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome home Sticky.....good to hear you. We'll hear you when you feel up to it
    Once again.......Thanks DD for keeping us up to date

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Well that was a welcome post!!

I think you have many a funny tale to tell there Stickywicket of your days in hospital :lol: Always best to make friends with the cleaning staff I think :wink:

Seriously it sounds as though it was a very nasty experience all round. Your poor husband and boys must have been beside themselves :?

Anyway I am very pleased to see you home safe and sound, but please don't scare us all witless again - we have bad hearts in my family :wink:

t1230.gif HOME

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello. :D ((((( ))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry Sticky I haven't been around while you where so unwell. I'm so glad you are home and are beginning to get well, you just take it easy and take one day at a time for your recovery. t98112
  • SarLoWills
    SarLoWills Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome home, Stickywicket! There’s nothing better than your own bed and a decent cup of tea! Take it easy.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I thought I could let you know that she is getting stronger but there is still some way to go. She and her newly-shortened bowel are still getting acquainted but she is able t gradually expand her diet; this is a good thing as her body is craving energy, especially of the sugary kind. Sleeping comfortably remains an issue due to iffy shoulders but I am sure things will become easier as time goes on. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Thank you for the update DD

All of us moderators are thinking of Stickywicket as she gets better and better :)

Ellen
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Sticky only you could make us laugh at your poorly intestines...good to hear how helpful the cleaner was... :)
    Thankyou DD..I can imagine it being a long recovery...but knowing SW she will get there..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My god Sticky I go away for 9days and you go and do this,so pleased you are home remember slow and steady.We went to Lake Garda with my sister and her hubby the wine flowed freely and the food endless and after what you have been thru "I wish you was here". Love and hugs Mig.X
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    So good to see you are okay sticky, good job I read what happened to you at hospital after I had my lunch at work.

Here's to a well earnt rest and recovery.

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Sticky, wonderful news that you are now home and recovering slowly. I very much hope you are pain free and are being well and truly spoilt by Mr SW. Take care.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Ah SW, you’ve been through the ringer, eh? As always, you take it in your stride and with good humour. I helped look after my mum after she had emergency surgery for a twisted small bowel an then she later had half her large bowel removed, so I can imagine what you’re going through and it’s tough. Good thing you’re a tough person then. :) Wishing you a speedy recovery at home and take good care of yourself. Hope you’re as comfortable as can be in the circumstances. x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hiya your Stickyness just some hugs (((((()))))).
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Thank you, again, for all your kindness and good wishes and, again, special thanks to DD for updating you.

It's now exactly a week since I got home. I would prefer progress to be quicker but needs must. No way will I jeopardise this recovery as I can remember, all too well, how things were.

So, I'm prioritising how far I've come over how far I've yet to go and it's good. Since last Friday I'm now an eating machine :wink: As the aim is to gain calories and weight, I've progressed from tiny portions of a very limited diet to almost normal portions of a more varied diet. I'm introducing things slowly and only one new thing per day. Fruit ( peeled or tinned) is going down well and next week I hope to give a positive report on veggies. Mince, with onion and tinned tomatoes cause high winds down south but I shall give it another go tonight,

I'm also pottering more - washing up, getting my own breakfasts and lunches and dealing with the laundry. It all helps to get lazy muscles working again. But how I'd manage without Mr SW I shudder to think. He's a star.

I bit the bullet yesterday and rang the pharmacist about whether or not it'd be safe to have my 3 times cancelled flu jab. So it's now booked for next Thursday. I don't want repercussions when I'm still physically flakey but, equally, I don't want flu and I have dental and podiatry appointments the week after so will have to 'mix' again.

OK guys, so onwards and upwards and now another cuppa I think. Thank you all, again, and, mig, of course I delayed kick off until you were safely out of the country, sipping wine to your heart's content :wink: (Wine? wassat?)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Good to hear from you again Sticky, and pleased to hear that real food is on the agenda again.
    Mince, with onion and tinned tomatoes cause high winds down south but I shall give it another go tonight,
    Perhaps give the onions a miss? Unless of course you are doing it deliberately to ensure speedy progress around crowded areas.....
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The onion experiment was repeated but was not a good experience. A plainer diet yesterday has led to a better day today - a little vacuuming has been achieved. :shock: I would still be reclining on my chaise longue demanding peeled grapes and telling those doing the vacuuming they had missed a bit. :D DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks DD..
    Gosh SW just had a read of your post, you really are a one off..like DD I would still be reclining ...I hope that each week you feel much better..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Another Friday. More progress.

I finally (4th attempt) managed to keep an appointment for my flu jab yesterday. I was annoyed to discover I needed help to get off the seats in both waiting and consulting rooms but I'm not far off. Strength is returning. Mornings are good and active though I do tend to nod off after lunch. DD and Barbara, my surgeon requested activity. It's the best way to get everything working well again.

The diet's getting more varied so more interesting. I'm not exactly back to '5 per day' but I've managed a very simple salad (Woo hoo!) and will gradually add other ingredients. Onions might come a way down the list, daffy, as I dislike being jet propelled :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Great news Sticky, so pleased to hear you are making progress.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Friday update.

There'll be no more Friday updates as it's not worth it. Things are going far too well for that. Strength is beter and better, veggie list is longer and longer and, with luck, come Xmas Day, it'll be sprouts and Xmas pudd as usual :D

Thanks again to all you lovely people, especially DD. All is now well here.
    Steven Wright
  • TheLordFlasheart
    TheLordFlasheart Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Glad to hear you are getting back to your old self, don't over do it too much come xmas day :lol:

Alastair
    "Stoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
  • Slosh
    Options
    Great news.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Sticky ..so glad you are getting stronger every day..you go girl..you must be so relived to be eating decent meals...but washing up.. :? xx
    Love
    Barbara