Barbed wire, sandpaper and a golf ball.

2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It can make life so awkward when we have to be our advocates when we're far from our best. Your poor daughter, Daffy, that is unusual isn't it? I don't think there's a normal as such but there is certainly a 'common' - people commonly run at 37, or commonly have a BP commensurate with their age and health but for those of us who 'buck the trend' well, how very dare we! :) As far as I am concerned, dibdab, you and me are 'normal'!

One of the major benefits of spending the day in bed is watching Rear Window on Film 4. Bliss. I've also been watching some blue tits settling on my lit twig trees (it's a dull day here so the lights are cheering) - they seem mystified by their lack of anything 'tree-y' but obviously find them comfy!

I managed to have a shower (my first cleansing since Tuesday, told you I was ill) and that wiped me out for nearly an hour. :( I am absolutely positive that things would be far worse without the protection of the flu jab although I had to smile; we've cancelled seeing friends on Saturday night but both said it would be OK as they have had the flu jab. Naïve innocents, better known in DD world as twerps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    He's got it. DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    oh no DD!

May i offer a suggestion not to get too well too soon and end up catering to a full blown man flu situation - a thing which has to be witnessed to be believed

I do hope you both recover asap, at least Mr DD has a fully functioning immune system to step in

Love
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, Yvonne, that is very kind of you. I am fully aware of the man-flu scenario but Mr DD is not of that ilk, far from it. He does not make a fuss and for that reason can be difficult to nurse. Back in 2012 I dragged him to the GP because he wasn't well (and too ill to argue) and he ended up having his dead and gangrenous appendix removed: he'd been laughing and joking all the way through, even as he went into theatre. He's now sleeping in front of the rugby and I've just finished off some vanilla ice cream, sadly there was more left in the pot than I thought . . . what a shame. 8) DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Coughing until your nose bleeds is not an ideal way to pass a Sunday. :roll: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    10 / 10 for inventive ways of spending Sundays, DD. Sadly, I don't think it'll catch on.

And today?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Sadly, I don't think it'll catch on.
    The causative factor did though.....
    Hope that development has been and gone now DD.
  • dreamdaisy
    It has, thank heavens, but now I have rancid toothache. :roll: I have a dead tooth which I guess has an infection in it: I am trying to wobble it out (it's been loose for years) as I am not up to going to a dentist. I haven't done either the meth or humira so hopefully my immune system will start getting to work on fighting off the infection. He is struggling with tiredness and we are both coughing. What a pair! :lol: DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Glad to hear the flu has gone walk about-hope the tooth settles or takes its leave! :oops: . Leaving the meds alone is a wise move methinks....I've been 3 weeks without Leflunomide thanks to a low neutrophil count, and a week minus sulph and hydroxychloroquine as my sinuses are remarkably sore. How I wish I knew what normal feels like! :(:(:(:(:(

Deb x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Normal? What's that?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    OK, Slosh, I think this is 'normal':

We had lunch out with two friends today. He said "These coffee cups are all wrong. They're too hard to hold." Now my own reaction to such things is that I'm all wrong.

DD, the toothache is an additional outrage but you will cope because you're not normal :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    This is getting ridiculous. There is no point in going to a doc because there is nothing to be done, I know the storm must be weathered but a little respite from the unproductive coughing (unproductive because there is nothing there) would be appreciated. He is not doing too well either but better than me as his immune system is effective, not one prone to hissy-fits of epic proportions.

Whatever I gained in my work with the PT and the gym has been completely lost but hopefully won't take too long to regain. I can't see anything being done next week however, due to my increasing physical debilitation, strained side muscles, lack of beneficial sleep and general ennui. Oh well, as usual it's mind over matter: I do mind but that doesn't matter. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, I'm sorry to realise things aren't co-operating for you. And you are now coping with a "Poorly Mr DD" to boot! I do hope his flu hasn't progressed to official "man-flu" as that's all you need.

As for the gym, forget that for the moment. You'll catch up when you are better. Your priority now is getting better - everything else can (and will have to!) wait.

I hope you feel better soon and that the tooth relinquishes it's grip soon.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you Grace, it's lovely to hear from you. I am pleased to say that the toothache disappeared after forty eight miserable hours or so, I think all the wiggling dispersed the infection. :wink: We are still under the cosh but his cosh is melting away, hurrah!

I am now in my fourth week without humira and my third without methotrexate. My joints are making their displeasure known, as is my skin. :roll: I have ordered more gym kit from Tu as there was money off so when I do eventually get back into the groove I shall be resplendent in pinks, purples and blues with flashes of turquoise. Classy. :wink: DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    DD, you will look a picture of elegance, class and distinction in your new gym garb when it arrives and you are well enough to start to use it. You'll put the younger ones to shame I'm sure!

Good news that Mr DD is slowly improving which in itself will help you tremendously. Great news about the tooth as well. So - no Tooth Fairy visit then? Shame. :lol:

Remember to pace yourself - you've been "proper poorly" as we say in my family - so easy does it to start with!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!