The weird things we do

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,106
edited 8. May 2018, 04:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I realised, this morning, that I was counting out the grapes I would have for breakfast.

Why? I do it every morning and there's absolutely no need. I can have as many or as few as I wish.

What oddities do you have?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I count sprouts when I buy them - I work on a basis of eight each and at least an extra sixteen for me to munch raw. With any other veg I prefer to buy an odd number so I guess an element of counting is involved there . . . . . DD
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,428
    I like things to be neat and presise but since I am the untidiest person around that doesn't really fit?

Give in! Can't think of anything that fits the bill, I might just be boring?

You realise tbat one day in the future all these forums will be studied by students as part of their university courses?
  • stickywicket
    Good heavens! Poor students!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    You realise tbat one day in the future all these forums will be studied by students as part of their university courses?
    Good luck to them - they won't understand most of it.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,276
    We have the vertical blind and it drives me mad if they are not evenly spaced..is it the start of OCD :shock:
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,575
    I check my socks every day, to make sure I put them on the right feet.
  • stickywicket
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    With any other veg I prefer to buy an odd number

:? I wonder why. I expect your brain has its reasons.

Barbara - If it's OCD I recommend a week of living with Mr SW. You'd be either cured or totally insane :wink:

Kathleen - could you define 'the right feet', please? I only have óne right foot though appearances are quite deceptive :lol:

When working in an office, many years ago, I confused everyone when I announced "I've brewed up but would someone else pour please because I'm not wearing a sweater." It made perfect sense to me. Without a sweater I couldn't balance the teapot on my arm to help me pour safely.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    When eating peanuts I eat the halves first leaving the whole ones until last. DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I used to do the same thing DD when I could still eat them.
  • stickywicket
    :? That's not weird. It's normal with any nuts, isn't it? Or are we all just nuts?

Who's Online

dachshund
dachshund
Poppyjane
Poppyjane
TillyBex
TillyBex
PeterJ
PeterJ
noddingtonpete
noddingtonpete
+2 Guests