Herbal medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As far as I know that's OK whilst on steroids but when you begin the methotrexate it is best (if not necessary) to have a dry three months so that your liver figures are untainted by the added pollution of alcohol. I had fortnightly blood tests for some time, you should also be closely monitored when you begin the meth. It is the liver that processes the medication out of the body and it is the liver that usually gives the early signs of things being amiss. Enjoy the BBQ, around here the odour of back garden burnt beef, cremated chicken and sacrificial sausages is getting tiresome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    There is good news and bad news, Frank.

Good news - there's no interaction with alcohol so enjoy your BBQ.

Bad news - once you start on methotrexate it'll be a different story. You don't have to go TT but you do have to leave off alcohol for the first month or two until it becomes clear how your liver is coping. After that drinking in moderation is OK. I enjoy a glass of wine or - this weather - cider but I've given up my beloved whisky except for special occasions.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frank50
    frank50 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    As far as I know that's OK whilst on steroids but when you begin the methotrexate it is best (if not necessary) to have a dry three months so that your liver figures are untainted by the added pollution of alcohol. I had fortnightly blood tests for some time, you should also be closely monitored when you begin the meth. It is the liver that processes the medication out of the body and it is the liver that usually gives the early signs of things being amiss. Enjoy the BBQ, around here the odour of back garden burnt beef, cremated chicken and sacrificial sausages is getting tiresome. DD
    Mant thanks DD

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
  • frank50
    Options

Bad news - once you start on methotrexate it'll be a different story. You don't have to go TT but you do have to leave off alcohol for the first month or two until it becomes clear how your liver is coping. After that drinking in moderation is OK. I enjoy a glass of wine or - this weather - cider but I've given up my beloved whisky except for special occasions.
    Many thanks Sticky

• frank50
    Options
    frank50 wrote:

Many thanks Sticky

So I got the day of work and wow I feel like running a mile. My knees and wrists are totaly pain free and no tramadol in my system at all. I know this will not last long but at least it has worked.

• frank50
    Options
    frank50 wrote:
    frank50 wrote:

Many thanks Sticky

So I got the day of work and wow I feel like running a mile. My knees and wrists are totaly pain free and no tramadol in my system at all. I know this will not last long but at least it has worked.

Heres a pic of the knees last month, very swollen.a28e31eff11e71d3954ece81d0f2ec52.jpg

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN A MILE :lol: Or much less. Glad it's helping, Frank, and that you're being realistic about it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright