Crime and Punishment

Options
2»

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you have the rollator, and well done on the walk. My walk with the dog today was greatly enhanced by the banks of snowdrops and purple crocus beneath the trees, and a beautiful flock of redwing on the edge of the football field in our nearby park, Spring somehow seems more optimistic, a promise of better days to come.

I really hope that your grotty joints start to settle at least a little (preferably a lot!) in the very near future. As for your big birthday-it's just a number, and merely one day older than you were the day before.........I suspect it's the same big one I celebrated last March....and I've decided it's merely middle age and there's still much of life to be enjoyed (and sometimes endured) and oh so many places I still want to see, and new skills to learn-though I probably won't. As my big birthday approached I decided to do something new that would be fun so I joined a local community choir-it's amazing and absolutely life enhancing, it's not serious, all comers are welcome and it has rapidly become a real community of folks of all ages who not only enjoy singing but over the last 18 months has raised £7500 for MacMillan and £3000 for the local centre for the visually impaired where we meet - a win win situation all round.

Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Your walk sounds lovely, it is a pretty time of year - we have signs of spring all over the garden with daffs, crocus and snowdrops everywhere.

I am going to be sixty. I'm not sure why. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I was 60 last March, it's just a number. I have to admit that for me the year since my birthday has been fairly both amazingly good and deeply grotty in equal measures. The family pulled out all the stops and my birthday surprises included a weekend in London with 1st class rail travel, a hotel beside Tower Bridge and the best seats to see The Lion King, followed by a surprise family gathering for a delicious meal. My daughter surprised me with tickets for a long weekend in Rome, we love travelling together. I've had a wonderful sunny holiday and just booked my dream holiday to go to Kruger on safari this March. However, on the flip side I had a bout of pneumonia and was ill for a month, the RA has been intermittently grotty, I've developed a cataract, mum has been really poorly in hospital, we had a gas leak and they dug up my kitchen floor the week before Christmas, we had a catastrophic kitchen refit which nearly propelled me over the edge.....life happened.

Enjoy your 60th, hope it's calmer than mine! :lol: