Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

End of an Era.

dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
edited 26. Apr 2019, 08:22 in Living with arthritis
My last humira injection is warming through on my bedside table. I am being brought a cup of tea and a hot cross bun as a reward for being a good little presser of the burgundy button. In a fortnight's time I'll be eyeing up the pretend humira, the stuff that fell off the back of a medical lorry. 8)

I can't remember when I began this regime, for some reason the years 2007 and 2009 are coming to the fore and I suspect it was the former: truth be told it's irrelevant. The humira / meth combo have done a reasonable job of keeping the PsA under control so I hope that continues with the imraldi but as usual I will expect nothing in the hope of being pleasantly surprised. One day that might happen with medical matters but I won't hold my breath, if the status quo is maintained that will be enough. It has had to be, is and hopefully will be. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• trepolpentrepolpen Posts: 498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I hope it goes well for you , I hate it when they change things over because something else is cheaper , my biologic is changing as well and going back on a tablet to be taken twice a day instead on injections once a week

Keep the glass half full & hope for the best , after 25 years of RA I am still hoping some day they will find the answer or have all my joints replaced
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply, trepolpen, I appreciate it. I don't mind the change and can understand the reason for it: as more and more people need access to these meds the cost rises and rises: I have been a drain on the NHS since I was eight and that is never going to change, just increase as I age and start the dross I should be having! :lol:

Are they now able to do a biologic in a tablet form? I recall when I was having my infusions, over fifteen years ago now, I was chatting to another patient whose daughter was researching whether this could be done. Anyhoo I hope it all goes well for you, I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,994 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck with it, DD. A change is always a bit of a concern with meds but I hope this one proves beneficial. Fingers, as ever, crossed :wink:
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • StarburstStarburst Posts: 2,546
    Good luck DD. Hope you enjoyed your hot cross bun.
    Is it me or are the new names a bit of a tongue twister? Enbrel is easier to say than benapali, humira easier than imraldi....or am I just over thinking this? :lol: