Daisymae Member Posts: 50
edited 12. Jun 2019, 07:25 in Living with arthritis
In such pain with my knee, what can help me

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rest with your leg up with a cushion or pillow under to support the knee. Take a small but regular dose of your prescribed pain relief every six hours. Distract yourself from the pain by reading, watching TV, ring a friend, do a puzzle. None of this will get rid of the pain but it may lessen your perception of it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Daisymae
    Daisymae Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice, I think the physio gave me a particular hard exercise to do and it irritated the meniscus tear, since stopped that exercise pain has been less.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    You clearly did the sensible thing and I'm glad it helped. If you're due to see the physio again check it out with him / her. Meanwhile, carry on, carefully, with the other exercises. Maybe, if all's going well, you could very gently and carefully try the other one after a few days but don't push it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Heat! Use a hot wheat bag or similar, a couple of minutes in the microwave with 1/2 inch of water in an old mug, the wheat soaks up the steam. Try a thin tiwel on your skin at first and keep applying the heat.

Heat will increase the blood flow and assist healing or just reduce tge pain.