Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

PIP Experiences

Mike1Mike1 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
edited 25. Oct 2019, 12:21 in Work and Financial
Dr. Chris Whitaker, a disabled person living in Cambridgeshire, wants to hear your story about applying for Personal Independence Payment (PIP): Chris wants to hear from disabled people who have applied for PIP, but is also interested in the experiences of other people who have been involved with PIP, including advisors, supporters and assessors. If you have a story to tell about PIP, good, bad or both, submit it at https://www.disabilityspeaks.com/pip-stories/ Chris has already collected over 500 stories and will be analysing the stories and identifying themes.

Comments

• frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Mike1

Not a bad idea that is it? I hope he collects plenty I'm sure he will.

BTW I love your little cat he/she looks very sweet :D

Toni
    Love

Toni xxx
  • Mike1Mike1 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    frogmorton wrote:

BTW I love your little cat he/she looks very sweet :D

Toni

Thanks, her name is Vixen and she is 4. An excellent mouser and great companion although she doesn't help out much, at least she keeps me off the Morphine and Gin cocktail!
  • N1gelN1gel Posts: 43
    That's a really good idea, I wonder if anyone in DWP has thought about the 'self fulfilling prophecy' effect these PIP forms have? I was plunged into gloom after doing mine: 'Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours' Richard Bach, Illusions.

I had a consultant tell me three years ago 'you cannot possibly live on your own' hey, lady, guess what? :D

BTW snap! I'm 57 and live on my own with my 2 yo Norfolk Terrier.

PS Anyone facing PIP, get the CAB on board as soon as possible - it's what they're here for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.