Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Music to Distract and Relax

BrynmorBrynmor Posts: 137 admin

What music helps you to relax, distract or helps you to rest and sleep?

Comments

• phoenixoxophoenixoxo Posts: 615

Hi Brynmor,

Ah, Beethoven. That's a piece I used to be able to play, before the PsA took hold. I studied music at school, which was very enjoyable. I think my favourite 'bit of Beet' is the second movement of his Pastoral Symphony, in which various woodwind instruments are used to suggest bird calls 😊

I listen to all sorts of things, but lately I've found some welcome distraction in this charming song:

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,562

Nothing better than music to change our mood,we adore this piece..and it the one our eldest son used to practice..thankyou Brynmore.such a shame you cant play it now, but at least you can say you did play it🙂xx

Love
    Barbara
  • BrynmorBrynmor Posts: 137 admin

Gosh, its been a very long day. So...

😊

• phoenixoxophoenixoxo Posts: 615

Pachelbel's Canon always makes me chuckle a bit. When I was 16 or so, I was friends with a lad who played double bass in his school's orchestra. One year they took on this piece. During the final rehearsal for their concert the conductor had a go at my friend, and he decided to get his revenge by 'un-tuning' his double bass just before the Canon! Let's just say, it was a memorable performance 🤣

My dad once told me that a song by the Pet Shop Boys is based on one of the Canon's chord progressions. I think it's this one...

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • BrynmorBrynmor Posts: 137 admin

Well. This is where I ended up tonight.