Music to Distract and Relax

Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

What music helps you to relax, distract or helps you to rest and sleep?

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625

Hi Brynmor,

Ah, Beethoven. That's a piece I used to be able to play, before the PsA took hold. I studied music at school, which was very enjoyable. I think my favourite 'bit of Beet' is the second movement of his Pastoral Symphony, in which various woodwind instruments are used to suggest bird calls 😊

I listen to all sorts of things, but lately I've found some welcome distraction in this charming song:

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Nothing better than music to change our mood,we adore this piece..and it the one our eldest son used to practice..thankyou Brynmore.such a shame you cant play it now, but at least you can say you did play it🙂xx

Love
    Barbara
  • Brynmor

Gosh, its been a very long day. So...

😊

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625

Pachelbel's Canon always makes me chuckle a bit. When I was 16 or so, I was friends with a lad who played double bass in his school's orchestra. One year they took on this piece. During the final rehearsal for their concert the conductor had a go at my friend, and he decided to get his revenge by 'un-tuning' his double bass just before the Canon! Let's just say, it was a memorable performance 🤣

My dad once told me that a song by the Pet Shop Boys is based on one of the Canon's chord progressions. I think it's this one...

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Brynmor

Well. This is where I ended up tonight.