Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Arthritis in feet and ankles

Could you help with what support I should wear. Ankle support doesn't go to my toes and the bones in my feet have arthritis.

Thanks

Comments

• ChrisKChrisK Posts: 86 mod
    edited 27. Apr 2020, 14:29

Hello @bettyboo

Welcome to this forum. Here you will find the members friendly, helpful, empathic, will over you support and advice based on their own conditions.

It would be good if you could post again telling us a little more about yourself and what type of arthritis you have.

You may like to have a look at the following booklet:

I look forward to reading future posts and seeing how you are getting on.

Best wishes ChrisK

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

When the current restrictions are relaxed you need to get an appointment with a Podiatrist, they will be able to sort you out with braces and/or insoles and specific exercises for the tootsies.

• Thanks but I have already done that they gave me insoles at the hospital but my ankle and foot bones are still very painful when walking. Maybe there is no answer.

• Hi bettyboo

You could ask your GP to refer you to the orthotic clinic at your local hospital. They may be able to make bespoke shoes/insoles for you. I wear orthopaedic boots with gel insoles. I share your pain as I have fat pad atrophy, a club foot and osteo and psoriatic arthritis in my feet.

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

You may be able to self-refer to a Podiatrist, check out your local Health Authority's website.

• Hi there have you tried the support socks. They are hard to get on, you will need help. When on they feel tight but it is effective over time. You can get long or ankle socks. They are not that expensive. Hope this helps.

Chappersj