Arthritis in feet and ankles

Could you help with what support I should wear. Ankle support doesn't go to my toes and the bones in my feet have arthritis.



  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

    When the current restrictions are relaxed you need to get an appointment with a Podiatrist, they will be able to sort you out with braces and/or insoles and specific exercises for the tootsies.

  • bettyboo
    bettyboo Member Posts: 4

    Thanks but I have already done that they gave me insoles at the hospital but my ankle and foot bones are still very painful when walking. Maybe there is no answer.

  • annie21
    annie21 Member Posts: 4

    Hi bettyboo

    You could ask your GP to refer you to the orthotic clinic at your local hospital. They may be able to make bespoke shoes/insoles for you. I wear orthopaedic boots with gel insoles. I share your pain as I have fat pad atrophy, a club foot and osteo and psoriatic arthritis in my feet.

  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

    You may be able to self-refer to a Podiatrist, check out your local Health Authority's website.

  • Hi there have you tried the support socks. They are hard to get on, you will need help. When on they feel tight but it is effective over time. You can get long or ankle socks. They are not that expensive. Hope this helps.