Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Arthritis in feet and ankles

Could you help with what support I should wear. Ankle support doesn't go to my toes and the bones in my feet have arthritis.



  • Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 1,328

    When the current restrictions are relaxed you need to get an appointment with a Podiatrist, they will be able to sort you out with braces and/or insoles and specific exercises for the tootsies.

  • bettyboobettyboo Member Posts: 4

    Thanks but I have already done that they gave me insoles at the hospital but my ankle and foot bones are still very painful when walking. Maybe there is no answer.

  • annie21annie21 Member Posts: 4

    Hi bettyboo

    You could ask your GP to refer you to the orthotic clinic at your local hospital. They may be able to make bespoke shoes/insoles for you. I wear orthopaedic boots with gel insoles. I share your pain as I have fat pad atrophy, a club foot and osteo and psoriatic arthritis in my feet.

  • Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 1,328

    You may be able to self-refer to a Podiatrist, check out your local Health Authority's website.

  • Hi there have you tried the support socks. They are hard to get on, you will need help. When on they feel tight but it is effective over time. You can get long or ankle socks. They are not that expensive. Hope this helps.


Sign In or Register to comment.