Wow It’s been 25 years of love from NHS

westyorks
westyorks Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
It’s my 25th anniversary of being diagnosed with RA, what a journey !
A real emotional one as much as physical, a journey that involved 2 total knee replacements, a total wrist replacement with 2 hip replacements on the horizon,
a journey that’s charted the time & progress in the various treatments to my current methotrexate & the wonderful biological treatments.
Plenty of falls over the years but plenty of ups with a total change of lifestyle & careers all with the love and support of the NHS (couldn’t have done it without you 💕)
Much love

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @westyorks

Welcome to the forum, great to meet you, Happy Anniversary!

Quite a journey my goodness, yet still you are smiling. Yes there have been many treatment updates in that time which are wonderful, there will be fewer joint replacements needed in future.

Well, now you are here it's time to get brave and make a few more posts, my thinking is that you will have many hints and tips for our newly registered members who are also new to the arthritis family of hangers-on. Then for yourself there is the café for tea or coffee and cake, more substantial offerings too with plenty of chat, then nip to the chit-chat zone where the talk is of pets, gardening and all things now arthritis, just join in wherever you feel comfortable, we're just waiting to get to know you

Take care

Yvonne x