Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Shielding.

TilliyTilliy Posts: 2
edited 29. May 2020, 11:32 in Coronavirus (COVID-19)
I haven't received a letter from the Government telling me what I should do during the crisis but I got a text the other day telling me that I need to stay in and shield until June 30th and a letter will be in the post. Has anyone else not received a letter but is shielding anyway?
Tagged:

Answers

• chrisbchrisb Posts: 76 mod

Hi Tilliy and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I’m sure there will be other forum members who are or who have been in a similar position to yourself and will share their experiences with you.

Whilst you await feedback you may find these links a useful source of information:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/april/coronavirus-covid-19-what-is-it-and-where-to-go-for-information/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/

You can also call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email [email protected] (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel this would help.

I hope you receive some useful feedback.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,541 ✭✭✭

I began shielding in the first week of March when the advice was that those who had the free flu jab were in the high risk category. I then received four letters in mid-to-late April telling me to shield for 12 weeks. To date I am in my twelfth week and fully expect to remain shielding until there is a vaccine. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • I have received a letter from the NHS to shield for 12weeks and have been doing so since 1st April.

i have to say I was confused but followed the letter

i was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in February with a view I may be developing psoriatic arthritis

i was due to have steroid injections and physio which never happened so am not on any medication apart from taking paracetamol and ibuprofen

i also have an under active thyroid which is controlled with medication along side high blood pressure medication.

was my letter a mistake or is it correct to shield , if anyone has any comments or thoughts on this ,thank you

PPJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.