Hello everyone

Options
Shaphron
Shaphron Member Posts: 74
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello!

I've started to get arthitis in my knees, and so I'm here to try to be proactive in woking out what I can do help myself and my body, so that it takes as long as possible before it gets worse.

In addition, my parents are here a lot (Hi @YvonneH @Brynmor :-) So I thought it would not only be good for me but nice to be part of a community which is so important to them as well.

I've been reading quite a bit, and I have to say I'm blown away by how supportive and friendly you all are. This is one of the nicest forums I've seen, and I'm feeling excited to join in.

Michelle

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 971
    Options

Hi @Shaphron and a very warm welcome to our online community!

You're right, this is a really friendly and supportive forum - I haven't been here long but I'm really heartened to read all the supportive and encouraging posts from members. It makes a big difference that we've all experienced living with arthritis and can speak from real experience.

How lovely that you want to be a part of the community that your parents play such a large part in - they are truly valuable members and help make the forum a supportive and kind community.

I'll let our members welcome you now, but before I go, here's a link to a page on the Versus Arthritis website that you might find useful. It gives you some information about osteoarthritis of the knee plus some useful exercise to manage pain and increase mobility. Well done for being proactive in looking for ways you can help yourself and your knees - it's never too early to start.

All the best! Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm