Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Trials on hydroxychloroquine

Its recently been announced that the trial in treating covid19 with hydroxychloroquine has been stopped as there was a slightly higher mortality rate with those who were treated with the drug. Does this then mean a further risk to those routinely on it?

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,541 ✭✭✭
    edited 5. Jun 2020, 18:37

It is difficult to know: what doses were those with covid being given and how often, have they stopped taking it if recovered, did the deceased have any underlying health conditions? DD

PS I apologise for quoting your post, my computer threw a wobbly and I have no idea how it happened. People quoting posts is one of my pet hates.

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,111 ✭✭

That is a thought Gemthom but we have no idea how it was given/how much or with what else.

It is one of my meds and I do not intend to stop taking it myself until we hear more.

Love

Toni xxx
  • trepolpentrepolpen Posts: 496
    If you was on the drug ,talk to your rheumatology department , they found people with Lupus in China did well on if they had covid , and when I had the virus the advice was if you take hydro or sulphasalazine keep taking them , I took sulphasalazine plus my biologic Xeljanz , because they are doing trial's with the drug on Covid-19 , seen my GP and he was happy for myself to stay on the drug ,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.