Trials on hydroxychloroquine

Options
Its recently been announced that the trial in treating covid19 with hydroxychloroquine has been stopped as there was a slightly higher mortality rate with those who were treated with the drug. Does this then mean a further risk to those routinely on it?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 5. Jun 2020, 18:37
    Options

It is difficult to know: what doses were those with covid being given and how often, have they stopped taking it if recovered, did the deceased have any underlying health conditions? DD

PS I apologise for quoting your post, my computer threw a wobbly and I have no idea how it happened. People quoting posts is one of my pet hates.

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

That is a thought Gemthom but we have no idea how it was given/how much or with what else.

It is one of my meds and I do not intend to stop taking it myself until we hear more.

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    If you was on the drug ,talk to your rheumatology department , they found people with Lupus in China did well on if they had covid , and when I had the virus the advice was if you take hydro or sulphasalazine keep taking them , I took sulphasalazine plus my biologic Xeljanz , because they are doing trial's with the drug on Covid-19 , seen my GP and he was happy for myself to stay on the drug ,