Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Knee brace/support.

Hello.

I am after some form of knee support/brace. Does anyone have any experience with these. I want something for walking which is comfortable and not sweaty.

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 454 ✭✭✭

I would suggest contacting an Occupational Therapist for help/advice as there are so many variations out there and you need one that actually helps rather than hinders.

• frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,115 ✭✭

Quoted a bit from versus Arthritis info on knees it says

"....Some people find that knee braces help. You can buy knee braces from sports shops and chemists, but you should speak to your doctor or physiotherapist first, as they might be able to provide braces or recommend the best one for you."

This is the whole article

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/

Love

Toni xxx
  • Iv used a lot of knee support and braces over the years. Some help, some don't. Some offer short term relief. Most supports and braces roll or slip down a lot. The only brace iv had which hasn't slipped is an ossur unloader brace supplied by the NHS. These are a couple of hundred pounds to buy but luckily free from NHS. Physioroom.com have a wide selection of supports and braces. Hope this helps