Hello

Hi my name is Sonya I have ra and fixing to starting my first medicine really insure about a lot.

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Hi Sonya and Welcome to the Online Community Forum,

Im sorry to read that you have Rhumatoid Artheritis. Have you just been diagnosed with it?

I understand at the beginning you will have quite a lot of questions. If it helps I used to write down any questions or queries down and next time I had an appointment take it with you so you don't forget anything.

If you would like to speak to someone then this is the Helpline number: 0800 5200 520

If you would like to go on the Versus Arthritis Website this is the link https://community.versusarthritis.org/

Hope you get some reassurance soon. Take Care and Stay Safe

AJ_x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

Hello, I don't have rheumatoid but I'm aware of the meds for RA as they are the same I take for psoriatic arthritis. I have never googled the meds as I am not a doc and other people's experiences of them will not be of relevance because they are not me.

One of my first meds, back in 2002, was tablet methotrexate, this caused a rash whch didn't bother me but my rheumatologist took me off it. I now take meth in a different form and have very little trouble with it apart from feeling extra tired every now and again. Do you know what you will be having? DD

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,772

Hi Sonya. I have RA too. Have had for years. You'll be very carefully monitored while on the meds. I take methotrexate and hydroxyxhloroquine but, for years, I didn't have DMARDS and my body reflects that. Do take the meds. They really are worth it.

Who's Online

Byron
Byron
frogmorton
frogmorton
+6 Guests