Hi all, I have just had my second trapeziectomy. I had my right thumb done 4 years ago and left thumb done 5 days ago.
I had forgotten just how painful it was. It just reduces me to tears although I thibk each day there is less pain.
Still waiting for the hospital to call with my first appointment at the hand clinic. Can anyone tell me how long the cast is on for as I just cannot remember. I still have my brace from the right hand and dread going into that as it's so painful to move.
I've been signed off work for 6 weeks which was a shock as before it was 2 but I needed a 3rd.
I just can't believe how painful it is. Are there any other sufferers out there who can tell me what they are going through?
- 8.1K All Categories
- 748 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 569 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe