Hi all, I have just had my second trapeziectomy. I had my right thumb done 4 years ago and left thumb done 5 days ago.
I had forgotten just how painful it was. It just reduces me to tears although I thibk each day there is less pain.
Still waiting for the hospital to call with my first appointment at the hand clinic. Can anyone tell me how long the cast is on for as I just cannot remember. I still have my brace from the right hand and dread going into that as it's so painful to move.
I've been signed off work for 6 weeks which was a shock as before it was 2 but I needed a 3rd.
I just can't believe how painful it is. Are there any other sufferers out there who can tell me what they are going through?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe