Arthritis and having babies
Just wondering if anyone could help me with some advice...
I am currently thinking of trying for a baby but the thought terrifies me. I have Osteoarthritis in both wrists and hands and panic that I would not be able to care for a child properly (lifting, putting in the car etc.). My partner is amazing and already does so much around the house that I cannot do, so I wouldn't want to put more pressure on him.
Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and has any tips or knows if there is any help out there for a situation like this. I currently work part time and receive PIP for the remainder.
It is really effecting me to the point that I cannot sleep.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- 8.1K All Categories
- 748 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 569 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe