Arthritis and having babies
Just wondering if anyone could help me with some advice...
I am currently thinking of trying for a baby but the thought terrifies me. I have Osteoarthritis in both wrists and hands and panic that I would not be able to care for a child properly (lifting, putting in the car etc.). My partner is amazing and already does so much around the house that I cannot do, so I wouldn't want to put more pressure on him.
Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and has any tips or knows if there is any help out there for a situation like this. I currently work part time and receive PIP for the remainder.
It is really effecting me to the point that I cannot sleep.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe