Finally

Options
Sallyh
Sallyh Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am 44 and started getting painful joints at 15/16 yrs old, after 17 yrs of a long hard battle and 6 different doctors, I got a partial diagnosis of sero-negative arthritis.

Following another 8 yrs of feeling like I was just a checklist and not a real person, of not really being listened too,I finally got a diagnosis of oestoarthritis.... mainly due to my dog and nothing to do with rheumatology I may add...

I can finally answer all the people that have asked me what I've done/have I injured myself? Over the last 25+ yrs....I have oestoarthritis!

Tagged:

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Sallyh

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

Well that has taken a long time! I really feel for you it is a relief to get a label sometimes when you know something is wrong and other people keep asking!

Here's some information about Osteoarthritis in case it's of interest:

Do have a look around the site and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

Ellen

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options

Hi Sallyh welcome many of us on here know where you are coming from and have had the same long frustrating journey as you. At least now you have a label which helps . Partly for you to know what lies ahead and how to deal with it and secondly so you have an answer for those who ask what is wrong.

When I was diagnosed with Crohns disease many years ago my father said thank goodness as he was fed up of me waking every night being sick and having the runs. I had just returned from seeing a consultant who after 10 yrs had listened and not told me I was making it up. I remember turning and saying I was sorry he was fed up how the hell did he think I felt. It was the only time I cried and boy did I cry I felt and looked terrible but I could now get medication and begin to regain control of my life. It is 40 yrs on from that event and crohns , OA,RA fibromyalgia and vertigo are all part of my life now and I try not to let them control it. But the main thing is knowing what is wrong , you can take care of it.