Hey, I’m 47 and have arthritis and bursitis in both hips. I was diagnosed 12 months ago and have gone from being very active, walking, hiking and going to the gym 3 times a week to barely being able to walk 30 mins with poles at any pace.
It’s not easy for me to say but, I’m really struggling and it’s affecting my mental health too. We went on one of our usual walks today and we had to stop so I could sit, the pain was so bad it made me cry.
I'm here for hope, and some support as I’m currently feeling it’s only going to get worse. I take pain relief and have recently been discharged from physio after finding the exercises given too painful. I’ve now waiting for an orthopaedic referral for over a year.
I don’t feel I should be in this much pain and am too young for all this 😕.
- 8.1K All Categories
- 731 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 567 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe