Drugs and Medication


My Rhuematologist wants to prescribe JYSELECA (Filgotinib)

Anybody heard of it/taking it ?

Any opinions/ side effects?



  • Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968

    Hi @Rhon and welcome to the online community,

    Jyseleca (Filgotinib) is a new drug to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was launched in Japan in late 2020 and it's one of a range of JAK inhibitors. These are targeted therapies that can be taken in tablet form. There's some more information from the NRAS website below on JAK inhibitors, , although Jyseleca is so new it isn't yet mentioned.:

    It will be interesting to hear if other members have experience of taking this drug - or you might be leading the way and be able to tell us all about it! Our members in the community will certainly be interested I'm sure.

    I hope your treatment goes well and I look forward to hearing more about it, and it would be good to hear more about your diagnosis and how this affects your daily life.

    Anna (mod) : )

    Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

  • Rhon
    Rhon Member Posts: 3

    Thanks Anna

    Feel like a guinea pig !!

    Will keep you posted.


  • Melissa26
    Melissa26 Member Posts: 7


    I have also just been prescribed this drug, can I ask how you are finding it? I am quite anxious to start it as I have found through covid I have experienced a high level of health anxiety which I have not had before!

    Hope the drug has helped you.