Acid reflux/heartburn not allowed to take Omeprazole
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help?
I am currently taking methotrexate 15mg which is to be increased this week to 25mg for psoriatic arthritis
Prior to taking methotrexate I used to take omeprazole due to acid reflux and it stopped my stomach from getting upset while taking naproxen which helped with my swelling in joints.
I was told I could no longer take omeprazole while on methotrexate and this has stopped me being able to take naproxen as well.
Aside from the other side effects I am struggling mostly with terrible heartburn and acid reflux and have tried peppermint tea and mints but am really unsure what I can take that is safe while on this medication and I spoke to my GP last week who advised me to tough it out until I next see my rheumatologist.
Does anyone else suffer with this or do you have any tips?
Thanks in advance
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 18 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.9K Our Community
- 9.1K Living with arthritis
- 81 Hints and Tips
- 231 Work and financial support
- 724 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 4 Want to Get Involved?
- 393 Young people's community
- 9 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 43 My Triumphs
- 136 Let's Move
- 26 Sports and Hobbies
- 18 Food and Diet
- 261 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 18 Community Feedback and ideas
- 355 Chat and News
- 37 Val's Cafe
- 283 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe