I still can’t decide on whether to have the vaccine. There is no data on the vaccination and immune suppressed.
is the AstraZeneca or Pfizer recommended ?
we do have a great page that might help you to make your decision.
Personally I have had severe psoriatic arthritis for 40 years now and I am on an anti TNF treatment. I will have the vaccine as soon as I am offered it. You can always phone our helpline team on 0800 5200 520 to get some more advice too
Hi,I’m on Enbrel and methotrexate..just ( week ago)had my 2nd Phizer jab, had stopped my meds week before ( advised by RA nurse) until 3 weeks after.
I am now on morphine patch 3 days,but pain in ankle,foot swollen,wrists,hands both agony,my spine painful and walking very difficult.
I have not been this bad since 2007 when given Enbrel. I’m trying your exercises and it has worked after about 4 hrs when I’m more able to do more.
Often pain wakes me several times a night ( I wear splints at times) , Can’t do smaller actions and heavy ,need help,which I get from my wife as works at home. She has been part of team for concerns and information for HSE.
I’m thinking should I not wait the next 11 days for my reintroduced Meds as I might become worsened. I’m fearful either way ,can you say if others had this problem.
Some of our members have definitely reported extra pain after their vaccine.
In your situation though I think maybe a call to your rheumatology team might be not unreasonable?
I am totaly shielding , only gone outside to go to hospital because had Sepsis in last twelve months
My surgury done the vaccine here at home & had the astra one & had no side effects , they recommend us on immune suppressants to have the vaccine now , just talk to your rummy nurse if worried