What next for my treatment ?

Debbie1963
Debbie1963 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi - I have had RA for 10 years . I am not able to take Methotrexate due to recurring chest infections. I could not tolerate Sulphrazalatate .I’m currently on Hydroxychloroquine which I feel ok taking - but after 4 months I’m still having deterioration and pain in my hands .

What should I be asking for at my next appointment ? Interested to know more about biologicals . If anyone has any experience of those.

thanks Debbie

Comments

• Hi @Debbie1963,

Welcome to the online community! It's lovely to have you here.

I see you have RA and are interested in pursuing other treatments due to continued deterioration and pain.

Anti-TNFs are one of the main biologic therapies, although there are others - here's a link if you'd like to find out more:

Hopefully other members will weigh in with advice and experiences. In the meantime, a bit of unsolicited match-making... perhaps you could have a chat with @Morgana87, another new member, who has recently been having biologic injections. Here's their post from this morning: Newbie Post. And maybe you have some experience to share with them too. It's good to talk :)

Please do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sarah (moderator) x