How can I start to get my head round my totally unexpected diagnosis of fibromyalgia?
I have had osteoarthritis and Raynauds for many years and managed to convince my GP last year that I was really struggling. I thought I had rheumatoid arthritis as it is rife in my family. I have seen a consultant who immediately described everything I was experiencing and said that I should have been diagnosed years ago!
I just don't know where to start with this condition and am so disappointed that, for me, pain relief isn't an option. I have started Leo's programme, but I don't know if I have the mental strength now to keep trying after years of struggling with keeping active. I am 82 years old.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe